jp

Default ?? Are audio stickers ads for thieves ???

I see all these guys with huge stickers of "kicker, pioneer, alpine,
etc...." displayed on their windshield or rear window. And I ask to my self,
isnt this advertising their stuff to thieves? I myself had a sticker of
Rockford that came with my amp on the inside of my car, but after thinking
about it, I removed it. What do you guys think???

Soundfreak03

I see all these guys with huge stickers of "kicker, pioneer, alpine,
etc...." displayed on their windshield or rear window. And I ask to my self,
isnt this advertising their stuff to thieves? I myself had a sticker of
Rockford that came with my amp on the inside of my car, but after thinking
about it, I removed it. What do you guys think???

Definantly a big sign that says "Hey there is lots of cool stuff in here, come
look."
I have never understood the concept of advertising the fact that you have
expensive audio gear in the car. It just seems stupid. But then again so are
the guys that come home everyday with thier stereos blasting, again just
letting every would be thief know exactly what car to come after.

Les

sl2perfect

it is, but then again it really doesn't matter. Most people who have a
system stolen, have it stolen by someone they know, not a friend but
still someone they know. I guess it also depends where you live though.
--
sl2perfect
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=153150

Kevin Glass

If my neighbours can afford Porsches, BMWs, and Mercs. I think they can go
out and buy their own damn system. Plus I keep my car in my garage.

Secure your subbox and other equipment with a padlock or other cabling
(Almost like the Laptop locks). That way it isn't like someone is just
taking your speakers out of the car (with the Alarm going off), but the guy
will have to use bolt breakers, and you can't carry those in your back
pocket.

By securing the equipment, my insurance covers my equipment, if by any
chance someone gets by my alarm.
"jp" wrote in message
I see all these guys with huge stickers of "kicker, pioneer, alpine,
etc...." displayed on their windshield or rear window. And I ask to my

self,
isnt this advertising their stuff to thieves? I myself had a sticker of
Rockford that came with my amp on the inside of my car, but after thinking
about it, I removed it. What do you guys think???

Sanitarium

BIG YES!!... thats why car audio equipment makers have decals. It
advertises their brand name to everyone, including thieves. Equipment
gets ripped off, and being the addicts we are, we buy more equipment to
replace whats been stolen.

I have had 2 systems stolen off my driveway, one in a nissan king cab
pickup and the other in my 2-door accord. Both were on rainy nights,
the sound of rainfall masks the noise. My folks live in a wealthy
california bay area suburb with homes currently starting at $550,000.

My parent's small neighborhood had a rash of 48 car thefts/break-ins in
a 3 week period, one of which was my accord and its $5,000 system.
Eventually they recovered the car minus the stereo / rims, in the
(insert derogatory slurs here) getto.
All the (insert derogatory slurs here) getto trash know where the "good
stuff" is and they steal from them.

I have since moved out and have my own garrage to park my current
system.

So... as cool as it looks I stay away from decals of any kind.
Peace,
Garrett

jp wrote:

I see all these guys with huge stickers of "kicker, pioneer, alpine,
etc...." displayed on their windshield or rear window. And I ask to my self,
isnt this advertising their stuff to thieves? I myself had a sticker of
Rockford that came with my amp on the inside of my car, but after thinking
about it, I removed it. What do you guys think???

Sanitarium

Yeah, and 11 hp @ 6400 RPM to your vtec

LOL

sl2perfect wrote:

you forget though, stickers add 6 db's
--
sl2perfect
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=153150

Mark Zarella

it is, but then again it really doesn't matter. Most people who have a
system stolen, have it stolen by someone they know, not a friend but
still someone they know.

I don't think so.

Me

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:15:09 -0700, Sanitarium
wrote:

Yeah, and 11 hp @ 6400 RPM to your vtec

LOL

On your Chevy Malibu with the big wing and the Type R on the back.

:-)

Nate

Dan J.S.

"jp" wrote in message
I see all these guys with huge stickers of "kicker, pioneer, alpine,
etc...." displayed on their windshield or rear window. And I ask to my

self,
isnt this advertising their stuff to thieves? I myself had a sticker of
Rockford that came with my amp on the inside of my car, but after thinking
about it, I removed it. What do you guys think???

Stickers or playing it loud. Same effect, if not worse. If your system
sounds good, they can also follow you and then rip it off. This is why I
don't bother with 3rd market crap. Just try to buy the best upgrade when
buying a new car. Way too much cash/insurance hassles/broken windows issues.

Dan

Mark Zarella

Either that or you're doing something wrong. I've been putting audio
systems in my cars for ten years and have never had anything stolen.

--
Mark Zarella
zarellam at upstate dot edu

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM