Jp

Default Help with "bridging" an amp

I have only one sub, and want to plug it in a two channel amp. If I run just
one channel alone to the sub, it is not going to sound right, because each
side of the balancing has different sounds, right? What if I take the
positive of one channel, and the negative of the other? Is this bridging?
Thanks for your help.

Jp

Ok, so what happens if I do what I said... just plug the + of one side and -
of the other? What would this do, would it just split the sound with the
same power? Thanks agian.

"Jp" wrote in message
I have only one sub, and want to plug it in a two channel amp. If I run
just one channel alone to the sub, it is not going to sound right, because
each side of the balancing has different sounds, right? What if I take the
positive of one channel, and the negative of the other? Is this bridging?
Thanks for your help.

Bruce Chang

"Jp" wrote in message
I have only one sub, and want to plug it in a two channel amp. If I run
just one channel alone to the sub, it is not going to sound right, because
each side of the balancing has different sounds, right? What if I take the
positive of one channel, and the negative of the other? Is this bridging?
Thanks for your help.

Your amp needs to be bridgeable to be able to bridge an amp. For a
subwoofer, the right and left channels are typically the same. If you need
to bridge your amp, make sure it's built so you can do that. Typically to
bridge an amp, you take the negative of one side and the positive of the
other. If your amp isn't made to do that, it's not bridging..

Bridging Amp Bryan Jackson Car Audio 2 April 23rd 04 04:25 AM
Amp bridging? TheBIessedDead Car Audio 9 February 11th 04 11:20 PM
Does bridging amp create higher noise floor? Lisa Forster Car Audio 8 October 5th 03 10:41 PM
bridging and output question SmilingSinner Car Audio 1 July 22nd 03 12:45 PM
ESX Q1204 Bridging Stephen Narayan Car Audio 0 July 21st 03 06:40 AM