Robert

Default looking for advice on cataloguing music collection

Does anyone use a system for cataloguing their music collection. I
think there must be some shareware databases specifically designed for
this. Ideally it would be able to list all pertinent info like artist,
label #,etc... The second question I have has to do with hoe does one
list their collection? Do you give it a sequential number for example
and therefore when you look up what is # 562 you see that it
corresponds to Bing Crosby's album of White Christmas and #563 Is Pink
Floyd. Is there a simple system like the Dewey Decimal system
libraries use?
Lastly, I have a collection of LPs and CDs. I know that there is a way
automatically download the info for the CDs, but is there a similar
database
for LPs?. For example if I were to enter the record company's
catalogue
number would I get all the track titles, musicians etc...?
Any info you have would be great.

Cheers

Robert
Mark D. Zacharias

Well, can't answer all your questions - but I use Music Wizard Professional
6.0.2 . Not shareware, cost about 45.00 to get the registration key. Free
download of a functional trial version. Does Freedb lookup, and they say
future versions will read CD Text and Windows' cdplayer.ini file. Discs not
in the freedb can be entered manually, and the disc / album list can be
renumbered. Artists and songs can be searched within the database. Can also
catalog and play the MP3's on your hard drive.

There's no Dewey equivalent as far as I know.
I believe the later version of Microsoft Access includes Freedb lookup also.

Mark Z.

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Robert

Hello Mark
I was wondering if you have a preference between Freedb or CDDB. Are
there any programs that read both?

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
Well, can't answer all your questions - but I use Music Wizard Professional
6.0.2 . Not shareware, cost about 45.00 to get the registration key. Free
download of a functional trial version. Does Freedb lookup, and they say
future versions will read CD Text and Windows' cdplayer.ini file. Discs not
in the freedb can be entered manually, and the disc / album list can be
renumbered. Artists and songs can be searched within the database. Can also
catalog and play the MP3's on your hard drive.

There's no Dewey equivalent as far as I know.
I believe the later version of Microsoft Access includes Freedb lookup also.

Mark Z.

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Mark D. Zacharias

Programs I'm familiar with all use Freedb anymore because the owner od CDDB
charges for the use of their database, which started out free but didn't
stay that way.

Mark Z.

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
[...]

"Robert" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Best Choice for Jazz music sax people General 1 March 13th 04 08:25 AM
Mix voice and music Swake General 0 December 29th 03 04:56 PM
New Music Hall MMF-5 turntable RB General 0 October 19th 03 06:33 AM
Music Hall MMF-5 turntable RB General 0 October 4th 03 03:33 PM
cd music file burning technique question Jimbo General 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 AM