Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400

John Williamson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

However since many Behringer products are slavish copies of their competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for something that's not theirs in
the first place !

As far as I know, the details vary, for instance what is fair use in one
place is not necessarily fair use in another. The principle remains,
though. If I design it, I own the copyright on the design, unless I
assign it to another person or company.

That's certainly true in the UK (Copyright Design and Patents Act) but may not be true
elsewhere.

If I patent it, I publish the design & principle so that others can use the design &
principle under
licence.

Actually, the government publishes it as part of the 'deal' with you.

As for Behringer stuff being copies of their competition, if it's
patented, it can be licenced, otherwise, a "clean room" approach can be
used.

I'm not aware of them having any patents on the run-of-the-mill stuff I'm talking
about. It's all likely to be 'prior art' anyway.

Admittedly, Behringer may not do this...
I would think, though, that just changing one component or dimension
*may* result in the courts considering it to be a new design, hence a
new copyright now exists for that new design. It depends how good your
lawyers are.

The UK law seems to exclude such a ruse. I forget how it's phrased but it seems to
embody a good common sense approach and as a consequence a frivolous change wouldn't
be an acceptable 'excuse' against breach of copyright.

Most, if not all, IC maufacturers produce reference circuits which can
be used by anyone using that IC, so if both places use the same IC, is
it not possible they're both using the same reference design? Possibly
even modified the same way, even if the design teams are working
independently.

You won't find that many of those in typical mixers for example today though.

User interface is a different matter, in that you *could* claim there's
only one logical way to lay out the controls. The fact it "just happens"
to be the same way as Company X did it a while ago can be quite a field
day for the lawyers.

Didn't I read somewhere that Behringer were in trouble for copying stuff
anyway?

Again ? Not recently AFAIK. They got in trouble for breaking the US RF (FCC) emissions
law though.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"WillStG" wrote
Eeyore wrote:

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to
schematics.is very poor IMHO. It means you're
automatically going to incur the considerable cost of
return P&P to some distant place even before they can
even look at it.

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to
steal their designs....

The irony here is the EP-2500 power amp, which not only cribs the QSC RMX
part-for-part, but also uses the same terminal numbers on the signal board.

One of the Sekaku copies of the RMXs even used the same component references
throughout.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

"John Williamson" wrote
in message ...
Eeyore wrote:

There has been case law on this subject in all
countries that support copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

However since many Behringer products are slavish
copies of their competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for
something that's not theirs in
the first place !

As far as I know, the details vary, for instance what is
fair use in one place is not necessarily fair use in
another.

Don't give any care to what G says

Oh Boy, someone wound George up again.

he has admitted to stealing qsc's mechanical designs

No, but Behringer has come pretty darn close to doing that.

and admitted to being party to studiomaster stealing phase
linear designs

No, but Behringer has pretty well done exactly that with the EP 2500 and the
corresponding QSC RMX.

So what? The QSC RMX is based on patented technology whose patents have run
out. That means that the basic RMX circuit designs are in the public domain.
That is how the patent system works - the guy with the patent gets exclusive
rights for a certain number of years, and then the cat is out of the bag.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to
steal their designs....

The irony here is the EP-2500 power amp, which not only cribs the QSC RMX
part-for-part, but also uses the same terminal numbers on the signal

board.

Well you should at least be able to get a schematic for that one then :-)

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Besides, with a schematic I could probably fix it
inside 20-30 minutes which costs very little.

Without a schematic, many could do it as well, depending on the actual
fault.
Have you even looked yet?

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't totally

surprise
me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's all it is which I

sort of
suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.
How much do you charge per hour btw?

Then there's the carriage either way on top. It makes an authorised
repair look costly when you can buy the 2 way CX2310 (which is all that's
needed) for £61.50 new.

So buy a new CX2310 and quit whinging. YOU have a choice!

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Sep 26, 10:35 am, "Phil Allison" wrote:

"WillStG" wrote
Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to steal their
designs....

** ROTFL !!

Wot an imbecile.

....... Phil

" Sarcasm is lost on you, Pinky... " g

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't totally
surprise me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's all it is

which I
sort of suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.

You think so ?

Here's a typical Audio op-amp. Even at Farnell's usurous prices and one-off it's
only £0.52 !
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Semiconduc...sp?sku=9593322

SMT pacakaging has nothing to do with increasing the price. The DIL version was
4p more in fact.

How much do you charge per hour btw?

Depends whom I'm charging !

Then there's the carriage either way on top. It makes an authorised
repair look costly when you can buy the 2 way CX2310 (which is all that's
needed) for £61.50 new.

So buy a new CX2310 and quit whinging. YOU have a choice!

It's not me who's doing the buying.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Besides, with a schematic I could probably fix it
inside 20-30 minutes which costs very little.

Without a schematic, many could do it as well, depending on the actual
fault.
Have you even looked yet?

I can certainly do it as WELL. It'll probably take hours instead of a fraction
of an hour though, which was my point.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try
to steal their designs....

Seriously, the cheaper a product is, the less likely someone is going to
build one from parts.

The irony here is the EP-2500 power amp, which not only
cribs the QSC RMX part-for-part, but also uses the same
terminal numbers on the signal board.

Well you should at least be able to get a schematic for
that one then :-)

Right! ;-)

BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a schematic
has made its way to the public.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Have you even looked yet?

I can certainly do it as WELL. It'll probably take hours instead of a

fraction
of an hour though, which was my point.

Depends on the actual fault. Have you even looked yet?

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't totally
surprise me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's all it

is
which I sort of suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.

You think so ?

Here's a typical Audio op-amp. Even at Farnell's usurous prices and

one-off it's
only £0.52 !

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Semiconduc...RUMENTS/TL072A
CD/displayProduct.jsp?sku=9593322

SMT pacakaging has nothing to do with increasing the price. The DIL

version was
4p more in fact.

So YOU work for nothing then?
Hard to find others willing to do the same though.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a

schematic
has made its way to the public.

Do you have a link? I'd be interested in taking a look myself.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a

schematic has made its way to the public.

Do you have a link? I'd be interested in taking a look myself.

BTW, I should have made clear I know the QSC schematics are at :
http://www.qscaudio.com/support/tech...rt/schems1.htm

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
No Name

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to
steal their designs....

The irony here is the EP-2500 power amp, which not only cribs the QSC RMX
part-for-part, but also uses the same terminal numbers on the signal

board.

except in the power supply, protection and output circuts,oh and the
physical chassis is diffrent as well
so if you are comfortable in saying its exactly the same except for the
power supply, protection, output section and physical layout/chassis
then I would have to agree with you
george

Well you should at least be able to get a schematic for that one then :-)

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
No Name

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a

schematic has made its way to the public.

Do you have a link? I'd be interested in taking a look myself.

BTW, I should have made clear I know the QSC schematics are at :
http://www.qscaudio.com/support/tech...rt/schems1.htm

MrT.

and those shpould point out the diffrences in the powersuppy,
protection,output circut designs and layouts
unfortunatly some people feel that haveing a diffrent power section,
layout,protection,and output section not to mention diffrent physical
chasssis
is not enough to qualify as a diffrent amp
george

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
No Name

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Have you even looked yet?

I can certainly do it as WELL. It'll probably take hours instead of a

fraction
of an hour though, which was my point.

Depends on the actual fault. Have you even looked yet?

MrT.

no graham just want to bitch because behringer doesn't trust hacks like him
in thier gear
they perfer to have control over the customer service end of thioer business
and insure all repairs are quality
as well as incorporating any repair into a upgrade of the unit
face it graham your simply not qualified to repair gear
if you want to get qualified apply to behringer to become a authorized
service center
or shut the **** up

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Have you even looked yet?

I can certainly do it as WELL. It'll probably take hours instead of a

fraction of an hour though, which was my point.

Depends on the actual fault. Have you even looked yet?

I don't have it here yet.

Simply 'looking' at it won't be any help. I know very well how Behringer
assemble their 1u rack kit though (I've seen a number of other bits of their
gear) and I know it's going to be far from straightforward to work on without a
schematic.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't totally
surprise me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's all it
is which I sort of suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.

You think so ?

Here's a typical Audio op-amp. Even at Farnell's usurous prices and
one-off it's only £0.52 !

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Semiconduc...RUMENTS/TL072A
CD/displayProduct.jsp?sku=9593322

SMT pacakaging has nothing to do with increasing the price. The DIL
version was 4p more in fact.

So YOU work for nothing then?

Pardon ?

If you're just going to make stupid comments, don't expect any further response.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote
"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote
"Arny Krueger" wrote

BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a
schematic has made its way to the public.

Do you have a link? I'd be interested in taking a look myself.

BTW, I should have made clear I know the QSC schematics are at :
http://www.qscaudio.com/support/tech...rt/schems1.htm

MrT.

and those shpould point out the diffrences in the powersuppy,
protection,output circut designs and layouts
unfortunatly some people feel that haveing a diffrent power section,
layout,protection,and output section not to mention diffrent physical
chasssis
is not enough to qualify as a diffrent amp

They're NOT different you blind lying idiot.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

Eeyore wrote:

Phildo wrote:

Eeyore wrote

Thread title is self-explanatory.
This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted
copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

THEY ARE NOT COPYRIGHT you illiterate MORON !

Actually they are. You posted them illegally. Maybe those lawyers you
promised so faithfully to set on George and myself are too busy tied up with
defending you on that one which is why we haven't heard from them?

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

face it graham your simply not qualified to repair gear

And YOUR 'qualifications' are ?????

I was *designing*, never mind repairing, pro-audio 35 years ago.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

Eeyore wrote:

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

And in the UK (which is where you posted from despite the fact you seem to
live in cloud-cuckoo land) it is illegal.

However since many Behringer products are slavish copies of their
competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for something that's not
theirs in
the first place !

Which is why Behringer are paying £millions in settlements for all the
designs they copied - NOT !!!!

Didn't I read somewhere that Behringer were in trouble for copying stuff
anyway?

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Eeyesore is just ****ed because he used to steal designs for studiomaster
then pass them off as his own. Studiomaster went bust because they couldn't
compete with Behringer leading to him being put out of a job. Now he has a
psychotic Behringer fixation following his very public nervous breakdown.

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
BTW, the EP 2500 is one of the few Behringer products for which a
schematic has made its way to the public.

Yeah, because Eyesore illegally posted it online as part of his
anti-Behringer vendetta.

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...
Depends on the actual fault. Have you even looked yet?

He claims to be a god in audio design yet cannot even fix something as
simple as that.

Do you honestly think the legendary studiomater designer would lower himself
to look at Behringer gear?

He's only making a fuss because he hates Behringer after they put him out of
a job.

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
u...

"Eeyore" wrote in message
So YOU work for nothing then?

He has to. He lost his job because of Behringer hence his constant bitching
about them.

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

wrote in message
and those shpould point out the diffrences in the powersuppy,
protection,output circut designs and layouts
unfortunatly some people feel that haveing a diffrent power section,
layout,protection,and output section not to mention diffrent physical
chasssis
is not enough to qualify as a diffrent amp

Well probably not enough to stop you using most of the QSC schematic anyway.
And QSC does far more for their customers than Behringer in that regard.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

wrote in message
no graham just want to bitch because behringer doesn't trust hacks like

him
in thier gear
they perfer to have control over the customer service end of thioer

business
and insure all repairs are quality
as well as incorporating any repair into a upgrade of the unit
face it graham your simply not qualified to repair gear
if you want to get qualified apply to behringer to become a authorized
service center
or shut the **** up

Whilst being a big supporter of Behringers value for money, I simply can't
agree with you on this.
There are only two reasons for with holding service information.
1. To force you to pay more for repairs from a small number of "authorised
agents".
2. To "encourage" you to throw it away and buy a new one.

It simply doesn't wash to say that the cheapest gear on the market needs the
highest standards of service support!
If someone attempts a repair, and cocks it up, option 2 is still available
:-)

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Simply 'looking' at it won't be any help. I know very well how Behringer
assemble their 1u rack kit though (I've seen a number of other bits of

their
gear) and I know it's going to be far from straightforward to work on

without a
schematic.

You *know* no such thing. Faulty switches, loose wires etc. are usually easy
to fix without a schematic, as are many other obvious things.
But hey, if you'd rather make dozens of posts rather than simply pull it
apart and look, I sure don't care.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't

totally
surprise me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's

all it
is which I sort of suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.

You think so ?

Here's a typical Audio op-amp. Even at Farnell's usurous prices and
one-off it's only £0.52 !

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Semiconduc...RUMENTS/TL072A
CD/displayProduct.jsp?sku=9593322

SMT pacakaging has nothing to do with increasing the price. The DIL
version was 4p more in fact.

So YOU work for nothing then?

Pardon ?

If you're just going to make stupid comments, don't expect any further

response.

*You're* the one making stupid comments about the cost of repairs WITHOUT
including labour charges!
Obviously YOU don't employ anyone to run a business.

MrT.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Romeo Rondeau[_2_] Romeo Rondeau[_2_] is offline

Mr.T wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure that Behringer is the cheapest anymore, Alto is giving them
a run for their money :-)
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which
doesn't totally surprise me but seems a lot for an
op-amp replacement if that's all it is which I sort of
suspect.

Sounds cheap if it's a replacement SMT op-amp.

You think so ?

Here's a typical Audio op-amp. Even at Farnell's usurous
prices and one-off it's only £0.52 !
http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/Semiconduc...sp?sku=9593322

SMT pacakaging has nothing to do with increasing the
price. The DIL version was 4p more in fact.

How much do you charge per hour btw?

Depends whom I'm charging !

The point is that replacing SMT parts can be a very non-trivial task,
compared to replacing an ordinary leaded part.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

wrote in message

no graham just want to bitch because behringer doesn't trust hacks like
him in thier gear
they perfer to have control over the customer service end of thioer
business and insure all repairs are quality
as well as incorporating any repair into a upgrade of the unit
face it graham your simply not qualified to repair gear
if you want to get qualified apply to behringer to become a authorized
service center or shut the **** up

Whilst being a big supporter of Behringers value for money, I simply can't
agree with you on this.
There are only two reasons for with holding service information.
1. To force you to pay more for repairs from a small number of "authorised
agents".

One per entire country it seems, meaning most repairs will attract huge P&P
costs.

2. To "encourage" you to throw it away and buy a new one.

Exactly. I couldn't put it better myself.

It simply doesn't wash to say that the cheapest gear on the market needs the
highest standards of service support!

It's the kind of thing a crackhead would say.

If someone attempts a repair, and cocks it up, option 2 is still available
:-)

Always.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Simply 'looking' at it won't be any help. I know very well how Behringer
assemble their 1u rack kit though (I've seen a number of other bits of
their gear) and I know it's going to be far from straightforward to work on
without a schematic.

You *know* no such thing.

Yes I do.

Faulty switches, loose wires etc. are usually easy
to fix without a schematic, as are many other obvious things.

The problem is not a loose wire or a faulty switch.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

*You're* the one making stupid comments about the cost of repairs WITHOUT
including labour charges!

I have not made any such comment.

Stop misrepresenting what I said.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in
message t
Mr.T wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure that Behringer has ever been the cheapest. For example,
compare an ADA 8000 to a SM Pro audio PR8MKII w/ PR8MIIA. They are both
basically 8-channel mic preamps with ADAT interfaces, but the construction
and reliability of the ADA8000 is IME worlds ahead.

Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400 Eeyore Pro Audio 567 October 17th 07 09:24 PM
Behringer C1 Jeremy Pro Audio 6 June 15th 05 12:46 AM
Behringer UB2442FX Mixer Schematic/voltages Needed Jake Joseph Pro Audio 6 March 6th 04 10:20 PM
Behringer does it !!! Ty Ford Pro Audio 44 February 27th 04 12:22 AM
BEHRINGER SHIPS THE Behringer V-AMPIRE LX1-112 SGAE1976 Pro Audio 0 November 12th 03 11:43 PM