IS

Default Noise Gate recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good Noise Gate? (I'm not sure if you call it noise
gate or noise suppressor, but I'm talking about getting rid of hiss and hum
from recordings).
I'm using Pro Tools LE coming in from the M-Box and would like for it to be
a Pro Tools Plug-in but not necessarily. What ever works the best. Can be a
hardware too. I'm only using two mics at a time.

Also, is there anything, plug in or otherwise, that can possibly at least
help reduce string squeaks from guitars?
I know technique is nr one but if there is anything on the market I'd sure
like to know.
I've tried the De-Esser that comes with pro tools but it doesn't do a whole
lot.

Thanks.

IS.

Raymond

Can anyone recommend a good Noise Gate? (I'm not sure if you call it noise
gate or noise suppressor, but I'm talking about getting rid of hiss and hum
from recordings).
I'm using Pro Tools LE coming in from the M-Box and would like for it to be
a Pro Tools Plug-in but not necessarily. What ever works the best. Can be a
hardware too. I'm only using two mics at a time.

Also, is there anything, plug in or otherwise, that can possibly at least
help reduce string squeaks from guitars?
I know technique is nr one but if there is anything on the market I'd sure
like to know.
I've tried the De-Esser that comes with pro tools but it doesn't do a whole
lot.

I have two Drawmer punch gates (four per unit) I'm thinking on selling. I've
posted about trading for a good 16 ch mixer with I/O's and 4 auxs. How much can
you spend?

IS

No just a single classical guitar.

IS.