Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jr@jrunofficial.com is offline

Default Usage of Yamaha AW4416 with computer

Hello,

could anybody propose me a solution for using Yamaha AW4416 with a
computer (mac)?
Does the computer have something what this hdr does not?
....and is there a possibility to make work with AW4416 easer thanks to
the computer? How about extending work area to the external screen?
Maybe it is possible to link computer equipped with a proper
application to the AW4416 via MIDI...?
I have some ideas but not enough knowledge to imagine it working...

Sorry for newbie questions but I can't find exact answers.

Regards,
Janko

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jr@jrunofficial.com is offline

On Feb 20, 12:52 am, "Neil Gould" wrote:
Hi Janko,

Recently, posted:

Hello,

could anybody propose me a solution for using Yamaha AW4416 with a
computer (mac)?
Does the computer have something what this hdr does not?
...and is there a possibility to make work with AW4416 easer thanks to
the computer? How about extending work area to the external screen?
Maybe it is possible to link computer equipped with a proper
application to the AW4416 via MIDI...?
I have some ideas but not enough knowledge to imagine it working...

Sorry for newbie questions but I can't find exact answers.

I have an AW4416 connected to my computer (PC) via an RME card for audio
transfers and MIDI for remote control from applications. I do MIDI tracks
on the computer, dump them to the AW4416 for live tracking because it's
more convenient, then dump the live tracks back to mix and master on the
computer. So, it *can* be done, but I'd advise you to think about your
workflow before committing to this path.

If you're interested in more information about the RME cards, go he

news.x-networks.de - rme-audio.forum

There are many Mac users over there as well.

Neil

Thanks for reply.
That's interesting.
Tell me, can I use this hdr to control computer applications, and if
yes, how to do that and how to connect it?
Can I i.e. use AW4416's sliders to controll Cubase?

Regards,
Janko