Ricky M

Default Turn a Yamaha AW4416 into an 01x

Hello everybody,

Can you tell me what kind of functionality I would get if I added an
MY-8 m-LAN I/O expansion to my AW4416 as compared to an 01x? Would it
be similar? Would I be able to port my EQ and DSP functions onto the
4416 and save on CPU as with the 01x?

Thanks in advance, Ricky
Neil Gould

Recently, Ricky M posted:

Hello everybody,

Can you tell me what kind of functionality I would get if I added an
MY-8 m-LAN I/O expansion to my AW4416 as compared to an 01x? Would it
be similar? Would I be able to port my EQ and DSP functions onto the
4416 and save on CPU as with the 01x?

Well, I have an AW4416, but I have *no* idea of what you are trying to do.
As for "compared to an 01x", comparing what? What are you interfacing
with? The AW has EQ and DSP on every channel, so why would you want to
port functions to it from an external box? If you wanted to expand your EQ
and DSP functions, why not add a card dedicated to that purpose?

Neil