Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Frake John Frake is offline

Default Thermal relays Info needed

I have purchased 3 of these marked as follows:

A-665 then 115 NO 60
AC-684 then 115 NC 10
E-1207 then 120 N.O. 60
My guess is that the first number is some kind of serial number the second refers to the max ac voltage across the contacts the cold status of the contacts and the time in seconds for said status to change. Does anyone know if this is corrrect?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

john, Frake wrote:

I have purchased 3 of these marked as follows:

A-665 then 115 NO 60
AC-684 then 115 NC 10
E-1207 then 120 N.O. 60
My guess is that the first number is some kind of serial number the second refers to the max ac voltage across the contacts the cold status of the contacts and the time in seconds for said status to change. Does anyone know if this is corrrect?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

115/120 likely means the rated voltage of the contacts and N.O. and N.C. mean normally open/closed. Other than that I can't help.

Don't use them on DC btw.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:01:17 +0100, john Frake wrote:

I have purchased 3 of these marked as follows:

A-665 then 115 NO 60
AC-684 then 115 NC 10
E-1207 then 120 N.O. 60

Wanna buy a bunch more?

115/120 is the heater voltage.
NO/NC is normally (unheated) open/ normally closed
60/10 is time in seconds.

Note that these close *very* slowly, and will arc at
the end of the heating cycle if passing much current.
To do any hard work, use them to operate a relay.

All good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
philo philo is offline

john Frake wrote in message ...
I have purchased 3 of these marked as follows:

A-665 then 115 NO 60
AC-684 then 115 NC 10
E-1207 then 120 N.O. 60
My guess is that the first number is some kind of serial number the second

refers to the max ac voltage across the contacts the cold status of the
contacts and the time in seconds for said status to change. Does anyone know
if this is corrrect?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Why did you *buy* them...
I posted a while ago that I had a whole bunch of them I was giving away free
(for the price of postage)

I got no replies

gmail addy: philo565