Peter

Default Universal Disc Player

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the extra
video circuitry, nor do I have a monitor in the same room to set it up.

Kalman Rubinson

On Fri, 21 May 2004 02:30:48 GMT, "Peter"
wrote:

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the extra
video circuitry, nor do I have a monitor in the same room to set it up.

I do not know of any. Besides, one often needs the monitor to set up
the player and, despite some success without, select menus/tracks on
some DVD-As.

Kal

hollywood_steve

wrote:

Does anyone perhaps know if a Universal Disc Player that will play CDs,
SACDs, and DVD-As, but that does not incorporate DVD, i.e. not function

as a
DVD player, is available?

I am very interested in all three audio formats, but I do not want the

extra
video circuitry, nor do I have a monitor in the same room to set it up.

I do not know of any. Besides, one often needs the monitor to set up
the player and, despite some success without, select menus/tracks on
some DVD-As.

Kal

There is a Sony player that has received rave reviews, even from them wacky
audiophile types, and it only costs $250! The hifi mags have actually been
comparing it to multi-thousand dollar players, in large part due to its
great SACD performance. The only downside (according to the reviews) is
that it does not play the DVD-A format, but seemingly everything elese. I
know this doesn't meet your specs, but its close enough that others might
find it interesting. I'll try to post the exact model number later; I'm
thinking of getting one for my studio, mostly for playing SACDs and DVD-Vs.

steve