A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Tech
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

NAD 7080 Receiver



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 30th 17, 02:04 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default NAD 7080 Receiver

On Monday, 28 May 2001 01:49:21 UTC+1, Gary Wolanski wrote:
> Hello
> Can anyone give me some info on an NAD 7080 receiver, I picked it up at
> a garage sale the other day, (well just barely a lot of transformer
> there) and plan to drive my two 15" subs. It works fine after some
> fixing but I would like to know the wattage output of each channel I am
> guessing at 100 +, does anyone have a spec. sheet?.
>
> Gary W


A great piece of kit Gary, Motorola output transistors and a hearty good transformer ensures that this tuner amp gives sonically a great performance even by some of today's amps. A well made and thin on the ground now NAD Classic.
Ads
  #5  
Old May 31st 17, 11:47 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,480
Default NAD 7080 Receiver

On 31/05/2017 7:15 p.m., Trevor wrote:
> .
>>>
>>> Poor Gary has waited sixteen years for an answer and yet his main
>>> question has not been answered.

>>
>> It's getting to the stage where more than 50% of posts are being made by
>> 'necromancers'. Sad. :-/

>
> We don't know the OP's are now dead surely? :-)
> More likely it's just that GG users are brain dead.
>
> Trevor.
>
>

Not like us real r.a.t.s ;- )

geoff

  #6  
Old June 1st 17, 02:38 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 67
Default NAD 7080 Receiver

Once upon a time on usenet Trevor wrote:
> On 31/05/2017 2:25 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Once upon a time on usenet Julian Macassey wrote:
>>> On Tue, 30 May 2017 06:04:33 -0700 (PDT),
>>> > wrote:
>>>> On Monday, 28 May 2001 01:49:21 UTC+1, Gary Wolanski wrote:
>>>>> Hello
>>>>> Can anyone give me some info on an NAD 7080 receiver, I picked it
>>>>> up at a garage sale the other day, (well just barely a lot of
>>>>> transformer there) and plan to drive my two 15" subs. It works
>>>>> fine after some fixing but I would like to know the wattage
>>>>> output of each channel I am guessing at 100 +, does anyone have a
>>>>> spec. sheet?.
>>>>>
>>>
>>>> A great piece of kit Gary, Motorola output transistors and a hearty
>>>> good transformer ensures that this tuner amp gives sonically a
>>>> great performance even by some of today's amps. A well made and
>>>> thin on the ground now NAD Classic.
>>>
>>> Poor Gary has waited sixteen years for an answer and yet his main
>>> question has not been answered.

>>
>> It's getting to the stage where more than 50% of posts are being
>> made by 'necromancers'. Sad. :-/

>
> We don't know the OP's are now dead surely? :-)


LOL. I was reffering to dead threads or posts, not authors.

> More likely it's just that GG users are brain dead.


Well there is that.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)


  #7  
Old June 1st 17, 02:39 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 67
Default NAD 7080 Receiver

Once upon a time on usenet geoff wrote:
> On 31/05/2017 7:15 p.m., Trevor wrote:
>> .
>>>>
>>>> Poor Gary has waited sixteen years for an answer and yet his main
>>>> question has not been answered.
>>>
>>> It's getting to the stage where more than 50% of posts are being
>>> made by 'necromancers'. Sad. :-/

>>
>> We don't know the OP's are now dead surely? :-)
>> More likely it's just that GG users are brain dead.
>>
>> Trevor.
>>
>>

> Not like us real r.a.t.s ;- )


Indeed.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pioneer Stereo Receiver Model SX-939- No audio coming out of the receiver. Patrowe High End Audio 0 December 18th 11 12:57 AM
FA, ending tomorrow: Tandberg 2075 MkII receiver near mint! plus other Tandberg receiver & tape deck parts packrat014 Marketplace 0 August 31st 08 07:42 PM
fa, yamaha 5 channel receiver,kenwood monster receiver and more hydebee Marketplace 0 October 17th 06 10:57 PM
KLH Receiver Question: 8-ohm receiver, 4-ohm subwoofer? scredsfan General 2 November 28th 04 08:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.