Jay Kadis

John wrote:

[snip]

it's called "war".. people get killed, deal with it.

As long as people have your attitude, we're doomed to war after war. The
consequences of modern warfare are very persistent and eventually will render
the planet uninhabitable.

How do you plan to deal with that?

-Jay
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x

Nathan West

Dave Martin wrote:

Nope - days, weeks or months of planning typically go into suicide bombings.

I really wouldn't know...all I get to see are the pieces of crap after on the
news. It is still just one press of a trigger or button that they have to be
concerned about. To also put it in a different perspective I consider the
kamikaze *pilots* to be much more courageous than the current murderers. The end
goal is considerably different in the scope of human endeavors.

Besides, you really should talk with someone who has unsuccessfully tried to
commit suicide; those decisions are not made and acted upon in milliseconds.

You can throw that card here, but how would I know what your state of mind has
been?
The fact that you are here, and posting in a somewhat rational manner g
suggest that you have more courage than you will let on. And it * does * take
more courage to go on than give up... you know that. A suicide bomber is not
the same mindset as a emotionally crushed person who goes to the edge. So I
still say the bombers are cowards with a lack of true foresight or leadership to
make cultural changes that will help everyone, instead of harming them.

I also say I'm sorry that you once felt so much pain as to think no one wanted
to hear you play anymore. I hear Harvey is looking to replace ryann's bass
player on the sly...give him a call.g

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

George

Jay Kadis wrote:

In article ,
John wrote:

[snip]

it's called "war".. people get killed, deal with it.

its called Peace and every one gets to live happily ever after, Deal
with it
george

Nathan West

Dave Martin wrote:

Hey - France and Japan have the potential to do all of those things, and
China seems to be doing it now. Should we invade them, too?

Capitalistic competition is not the same as criminal attacks on the economy.
If France, Japan, and China have the where with all to blow our economy down
more power to them. Let them try ( they try now anyway...France and Japan
try to manipulate our currency all the time). The reality of it that most
people seem to ignore is that all three of those economies need us as much
as we need them.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Nathan West

normanstrong wrote:

What are you suggesting, Nathan? That one has to be a psychotic
murderer in order to resist an infidel western occupying force?
Admittedly, that has been a popular belief among invading armies
throughout history, but I'm surprised to hear it from you.

There is a huge chasm between a terrorist and a sovereign nation. And if
you would like to quote actions taken * throughout* history, then perhaps
you would also like to understand that the cultural stance of many nations
was considerably different than it is now. 200 Years ago if a country had
the Technology they *were* the leaders. No question about it. And whether
anyone had something to say about it is irrelevant, because if your
country didn't develop at the same rate...well you are SOL when it came to
paying tribute or keeping your government in power.

We are considerably different people than those past cultures. We were
born of them, but we do not carry the same moor's today. Terrorist on the
other hand do not have you or your families, or this countries best
interest in hand. They don't care, and are intent on furthering a doctrine
that is archaic, and hell bent on destroying things you hold valuable.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Nathan West

George wrote:

its called Peace and every one gets to live happily ever after, Deal
with it

And I call your statement being oblivious to the reality of the world. The
world has never been at peace, nor do the prospects look very good for the
next 50 years or so.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Dave Martin

"Nathan West" wrote in message
To also put it in a different perspective I consider the
kamikaze *pilots* to be much more courageous than the current murderers.

The end
goal is considerably different in the scope of human endeavors.

Nope - the goal is to take the lives of your enemies - as many as possible.
(As opposed to 'war' in general, where the goal is to acheive your political
objective). Either you or another of the reactionary crew pointed out that
Islamic fanatics declared war on the US, which seems to make us all their
enemies.

I also say I'm sorry that you once felt so much pain as to think no one

wanted
to hear you play anymore. I hear Harvey is looking to replace ryann's

bass
player on the sly...give him a call.g

Not me - I have way too much fun being alive and causing trouble. But I've
spent many hours counseling those who have been in that frame of mind - the
thought processes that lead to suicidal ideas generally take months or years
to reach the stage of actually attempting suicide..

Dave Martin

Dave Martin wrote:

Hey - France and Japan have the potential to do all of those things, and
China seems to be doing it now. Should we invade them, too?

Capitalistic competition is not the same as criminal attacks on the

economy.
If France, Japan, and China have the where with all to blow our economy

down
more power to them. Let them try ( they try now anyway...France and Japan
try to manipulate our currency all the time). The reality of it that most
people seem to ignore is that all three of those economies need us as much
as we need them.

Umm, you DO realize that all three of the nations I mentioned have been
found in violation of various trade agreements, and subjected to sanctions
by various governing bodies. Of course, the US is just as guilty; punitive
actions against the US export trade come regularly. And China's exports to
the US have arguably done more damage to the 'American way of life' than any
action taken by terrorists. Remember when Wal-Mart was able to advertise
"American Made" products?

George

GW Bush on OBL

"I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much
time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him."
[President Bush, Press Conference, 3/13/02]

DM

This should be posted in every voteing booth across America
I know I will post it, as close as legally posible, to my voteing place
Possibly make it into foot high letters and drape in on my car
George

George

Nathan West wrote:

George wrote:

its called Peace and every one gets to live happily ever after, Deal
with it

And I call your statement being oblivious to the reality of the world. The
world has never been at peace, nor do the prospects look very good for the
next 50 years or so.

Thats as good a reason as any I have heard for not trying
fighting for peace is like ****ing for virginity
George

ScotFraser

Like we did in Hiroshima? Tell me there was a reason, other than
vindictive, hateful, annihilation.

The reason was twofold:
(A) Scientific. It was a safe way to test a technology on a civilian population
with little ethical restraint because the testers were locked in a desperate
war. The atomic bomb had no strategic military relevance at this point, since
the war's outcome was certain.
(B) Political. The US knew that as soon as the Axis was dispatched it would be
facing the Soviet Union & the atomic bomb was seen as an important means of
telling the Soviets to back off.

Scott Fraser

Nathan West

Dave Martin wrote:

Umm, you DO realize that all three of the nations I mentioned have been
found in violation of various trade agreements, and subjected to sanctions
by various governing bodies. Of course, the US is just as guilty; punitive
actions against the US export trade come regularly.

There are all sorts of political trade off going on between Europe, the USA,
Japan and China. Three words come to mind with Japan (who have single handily
hurt our economy worse than any other country) Toyota, Honda and Sony. The
problem is those connivers did it the old fashion way...they built better
quality, lower priced products...the *******s.
China on the other hand...we could switch about 60% of our product purchases
away, which would allow us to reign supreme trade wise for about two years.
However If we did, we would lose our extremely valuable Car, Cell Phone, and
technology market gains we have achieved in the last 20 years. Oil is being
purchased by China in 30 - 40% larger quantities than expected over the last two
years. Funny thing about emerging economies....they alter the course of human
economics without asking. Of course once we can co-op the former Russia into
being the Food Farm for the rest of the World we will once again
dominate...being that my thinking is that technology will not be the savior of
any countries economy anymore. Food and H2O will. Whomever controls those
commodities will rule the world.

And China's exports to
the US have arguably done more damage to the 'American way of life' than any
action taken by terrorists. Remember when Wal-Mart was able to advertise
"American Made" products?

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Pete Dimsman

WillStG wrote:

Like we did in Hiroshima? Tell me there was a reason, other than
vindictive, hateful, annihilation.

So the new strategy for the "Anybody But Bush" Presidential Campaign is to
refight *World War II* now?

Umm, how did YOU connect the two?

Gee, and refighting Vietnam was going so well for
Senator Swiftboat.

Oh, I see. Standard Bushthink. Polly want a cracker?