playon

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:02:04 -0400, Ty Ford
wrote:

They wanna come back and talk audio, fine, we'll stamp their visas

Who made you the border guard?
playon

wrote:

They wanna come back and talk audio, fine, we'll stamp their visas

Who made you the border guard?
playon

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 00:24:45 GMT, Nathan West
wrote:

Pete Dimsman wrote:

Ture. But Bush has created a climate for them to rally against us. More
than ever.

Terrorist were attacking the US long before Bush. Two Examples: The Cole and the
WTC in the early 90's. It is hardly a phenomenon developed by his policies. They
are psychotics with evil intent bent on destroying life for reasons archaic as
their actions.

You have little understanding of world history, and you are typical of
most Americans who have little understanding of the rest of the world
outside our borders. U.S. foreign policy has for years made citizens
of other countries feel humiliated... it's not defending terrorism to
point out that there are reasons for it blowing back to the USA.

Al

Don Cooper

playon wrote:

Who made you the border guard?

Less than half the people, I would suspect.

The group is unmoderated.

Don Cooper

playon wrote:

Who made you the border guard?

Less than half the people, I would suspect.

The group is unmoderated.
WillStG

playon playonATcomcast.net

U.S. foreign policy has for years made citizens
of other countries feel humiliated... it's not defending terrorism to
point out that there are reasons for it blowing back to the USA.

So if a person feels humilated by you Dude, would you prosecute them if
they killed your family and burned down your house? Hey, they were embarassed,
poor baby! Every criminal has a story of why they did what they did. But
crime is crime, and if you step over the line *someone* has to bring you to
justice for it or evil people will dominate the World. Because we are the
strongest nation in the world, we have the responsibility to do it, the little
guys just can't bear the weight.

People like you are too paralyzed by your intellectual rationalizations
to protect anybody, let alone the American people. Bob Cain has now actually
recomended surrender and giving the terrorists whatever they demand. Roger
Norman says we cannot win militarily or ideologically - their brutal inhumanity
is our fault anyway!

If such views prevail this world will slip into great darkness and many
many people will die in terrible ways before things get pulled back.

You guys really need to learn how to stand up.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

Nathan West

normanstrong wrote:

We're rich enogh and sophisticated enough to deliver our
explosives with pinpoint accuracy from hundreds, maybe thousands of
miles away. The beauty of it is that we never know exactly who we're
killing, so there's no need to feel bad about the results.

You are clueless as to what soldiers go through when they have to kill
people. Very few of them are what you try to portray as *heartless
murderers* enjoying the romp.
Because of our Technological advances we do the have the power to beat
the crap out of people without getting our own troops killed. There is
much to be said about using that kind of intelligence versus just killing
off our troops. Or perhaps you would like it if we just sent our people
to be butchered, so you can feel better about it all?
--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Dave Martin

"Nathan West" wrote in message
They tend to have loads of
courage, which the people trying to kill the Americans, Italians,
Korean's etc... don't have.

Umm.... You don't think it takes courage to be a suicide bomber?

Roger W. Norman

Hey, I said I didn't have the time to start rec.audio.pro.whatever and asked
for help. No one seemed to reply. I try to keep my statements down to a
minimum. I haven't been on the group for more than one or two days a week
and I don't always have something to say then.

When I have something to say, it's because I believe it needs to be said.

For instance, did you know that with all of Bush's ranting about supporting
our troops, his "no overtime" mandate gives specific mention to those
trained in the military as not being eligible for overtime although they
most likely won't be able to get any jobs that are anything but an hourly
wage job (believe me, as a Viet Nam vet, I know about vets' ability to get
good jobs). That means not only did Georgie Boy screw the vets out of VA
benefits by $2.5 Bil per year for the next 4 years, but he put the screws to
the guys that come back home somewhat healthy enough to work for a living.

But since Bush has used mostly National Guard, and NG personnel employers
are only under the gun to offer the same/equivalent job/pay for a sixth
month period, that Bush has screwed about 200k soldiers he purports to
support out of jobs and out of benefits.

This is why I get so damned mad.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:46:38 -0400, Pete Dimsman wrote
(in article ):

Bob Cain wrote:

Ty Ford wrote:

I DARE Roger, Pete and the others to do just that, or start their own
newsgroup. Oddly, even though it's apparent that their comments are
not welcome here, they don't seem to have what it takes.

You, sir, are making yourself irrelevant with all of your pompous,
ad-hominen crap.

As usual, Bob, you describe yourself; irrelevant to the charter of this

news
group. Or is it that you just think you're above everyone else?

Ty Ford

-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other

audiocentric
stuff are at www.tyford.com

stuff are at www.tyford.com

George

Nathan West wrote:

normanstrong wrote:

[...]

I would feel better if we stayed home
and not sent soldiers off to police other countries problems
George

Roger W. Norman

Come on, John, you do know what I meant by taking it out on loved ones. You
guys are my first conversation in the morning, maybe an hour before my wife
gets up. Certainly on weekends. You guys are the people that actually
understand what my wife labels as "obsession" in our love of music,
sometimes to the exclusion of all else, and certainly a consternation to our
loved ones when we pop up out of bed, run down to the studio and have to
come up with a new tune or song before it goes away.

In terms of a piano, RAP is the sounding board of the strings that both love
George Bush and have no love for George Bush. The analogy is astounding and
resounding to me.

If there's any group of people that is more attuned to the purity of sound
than engineers I don't know who they are. And if there's any group of
people that is more attuned to the purity of thought on a level of the most
hidden "known" people, I don't know who it is.

That you want RAP to be strictly an audio related group, I suggest you are
getting just that. Perhaps blame it on the "old boy" network of audio
engineers that wouldn't let a lot of us in, or blame it on some guys, like
Glenn Meadows, Bob Katz, George Massenburg, and even Gabe Weiner, who helped
developed this and other most august forums for discussion, and you'll have
strong opinions and you'll have the reflection of the economy on our already
assaulted industry, and you'll have so many other factors that, assuming one
is paying attention, something has to be said. Some of us are just doing
the saying. Others are watching and not lambasting us though they agree
with those that do, and yet others are watching and not participating
because of the calldowns that want to make such a group as this specific to
a task, yet here we are, with some 12 years that I've been on and off this
newsgroup, with virtually all of it documented by google and such, and we
still complain about having OUR rights invaded by such discussions. I've
said it before but I can't even believe that Gabe would have been so
straightlaced that he wouldn't have had something to say about what's been
going on for the last 3+ years.

But I could be wrong. Do we err on the side of the vocal, or on the side of
those that don't wish to be called down for their participation too? Tough
call.

My question is how not? How not be involved because all of what's happening
now somehow either adversely effects us or has a positive effect.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Blind Joni" wrote in message
There must be a way for an intelligent guy like yourself to find a way

stop this behavior. If these events really are affecting you so

personally
there may be something else going on.

Yes , there must be something going on....

Like, maybe, having a concience? Or, (heaven forbid) loving his country

&
his fellow man more than some abstract ideology?

Roger said he was"taking it out on loved ones"..I don't know what that

means.
If we are upset it is always from some kind of problem with our own
integrity..which I'm sure most will try to argue..give it some thought.
And if the terrorists loved their country and fellow man more than some
abstract ideology we wouldn't be having this conversation at all. I just

read
some C.S Lewis about 'national repentance'...written about Britain in
WW2..basically saying how many find it easier to forgive an enemy than a
neighbor.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Nathan West

Dave Martin wrote:

Umm.... You don't think it takes courage to be a suicide bomber?

No I don't. I think it takes a misguided fanatical approach to archaic
principles. It is similar to asking if you think it takes courage to
blow your own brains out...what do you need?...1 or 2 ms decision time
and then your done. That's not courage.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Nathan West

George wrote:

I would feel better if we stayed home
and not sent soldiers off to police other countries problems
George

I can understand the reluctance to put yourself or anyone else in a situation
that most likely will either kill or maim them for what is perceived as the
political issues of a foreign country. Worldwide Politics prevent that kind
of philosophy from occurring. And the US has been in the era of advanced world
citizenship since W.W.I. We no longer have the luxury of choice as to whether
we deal with the world or not.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

Roger W. Norman

Get a life. What do you think the idea of Bosnia was about? Check out the
ethnic groups and who Clinton decided needed the help.

Get this **** right or get off the pot.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Pete Dimsman wrote:

Ture. But Bush has created a climate for them to rally against us. More
than ever.

Terrorist were attacking the US long before Bush. Two Examples: The Cole

and the
WTC in the early 90's. It is hardly a phenomenon developed by his

policies. They
are psychotics with evil intent bent on destroying life for reasons

archaic as
their actions.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

killermike

Roger W. Norman wrote:
[sent in email and within the group]

Hey, I said I didn't have the time to start rec.audio.pro.whatever and asked
for help. No one seemed to reply. I try to keep my statements down to a

I missed your request for help in setting up a new group. I know a
little bit about creating group as I created alt.music.home-studio. This
is my understanding of the procedure involved in creating a group on the
(quite different) rec.* hierarchy. I might be sketchy on a few points
but this is what it boils down to:

When creating a new group on the rec.* hierarchy, there is a fair amount
of procedure to be observed. Typically, it might take three months for a
new group to be created. This procedure cannot be avoided. Basically,
the group is first formally proposed in news.announce.newgroups. It is
then discussed in another group. According to the rules, it must be
discussed for at least 21 days. When the discussions have reached a
conclusion, a vote is carried out. The votes are collected by an
independent volunteer. 2/3 of the valid votes must be in favor of the
new group. There must also be a gap of 100 votes between the number of
votes for and against.

As you can see, there is a lot to it. It's not something that is
undertaken lightly - it's a project. You would have to propose the idea
in RAP and get people interested enough to vote in favor of the idea.
You would have to recruit a team of helpers who support the idea to
spread some of the work.

Here is a guide to the procedu
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/big-eight.html

I'm not personally willing to do all of the work for this. Basically, I
am not a regular on RAP, I tend to lurk here. I spend all of my efforts
on alt.music.home-studio. However, I am in favor of the idea and I am
willing to be a helper whereas the project should be headed by a regular
who supports the idea.

Personally, I support the idea. One of the justifications for amh-s was
that RAP just gets simply *too much* traffic. It's difficult to keep on
top of RAP and requires a fair investment of time each and every day.
Anything that splits the group and makes the traffic more reasonable is
a good idea, IMO. If no one here is determined enough to see the idea
through, it's not going to happen.

Also, be prepared to don heat resistant underpants, this topic is going
to raise quite a few tempers IMO.

I like the sound of rec.audio.pro.offtopic BTW.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:

Nathan West

Oh yes America did.

We'll stop right here and talk about accountability for ones actions. That is
the one thing that all lunatic murdering terrorist don't have. Nor do they care
about the consequences of their actions over time. Ever.

The differences between the US and terrorist organizations, whether you believe
it or not, is the we do ultimately care how we act. We do realize the folly of
our blunders and celebrate our success's. The foreign policy of the US is a
fluid process, one in which we learn from the sum of the parts, and try to make
sense of it. The History of the US shows a country who basic elements of it's
government are heavily weighted towards doing what's right.

To sus out Bush as the *problem* or to try and make his cabinet responsible for
the last 100 years of world politics is ridiculous. In the scheme of things, if
Bush isn't re-elected, then who do you blame for things that started in the
40's? Or if you don't recall your history, that is the time that contrary to
what the rest of the middle east wanted, Israel was made a nation by Allied
decision. That is what started the lunatic fringe on their current path.

--
Nathan

"Imagine if there were no Hypothetical Situations"

playon

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:56:48 GMT, Nathan West
wrote:

Dave Martin wrote:

Umm.... You don't think it takes courage to be a suicide bomber?

No I don't. I think it takes a misguided fanatical approach to archaic
principles.

You mean like the misguided fanatical approach of GW Bush when he
invades a nation that had nothing to do with 9/11?

playon

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:31:59 GMT, Nathan West
wrote:

normanstrong wrote:

We're rich enogh and sophisticated enough to deliver our
explosives with pinpoint accuracy from hundreds, maybe thousands of
miles away. The beauty of it is that we never know exactly who we're
killing, so there's no need to feel bad about the results.

You are clueless as to what soldiers go through when they have to kill
people.

I think the point is that it's one thing to kill people in battle,
it's another to kill them by remote control.

playon

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:59:47 -0400, "Roger W. Norman"
wrote:

[...]

He also tried to close three VA hospitals here in Washington state.

playon

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:35:04 GMT, Nathan West
wrote:

The foreign policy of the US is a
fluid process, one in which we learn from the sum of the parts, and try to make
sense of it.

The evidence suggests we have learned very little. Our foreign policy
continues to be run by arrogant Ivy League graduates who think they
know what's right for the world. The history of CIA interventions in
the last 50 years ought to be enough give you pause, should you care
to read it. Most of these covert and overt actions were
anti-democratic, caused the deaths of countless innocents, and in the
long run came back to bite us on the ass.

The History of the US shows a country who basic elements of it's
government are heavily weighted towards doing what's right.

Depends what version of history you read... the one written by the
powerful, or the one written by the weak and conquered.