Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hueyduck Hueyduck is offline

Default convert OMF files with a PC

Hi everyone,

I have received several OMF that I wish I could open.
I think that cubase reads OMF, nowadays, but my old version doesnot.

Ideally, the converter I imageine would open the OMF and spit as many
waves as there are tracks in the OMF.

I read on google that something existed for the MAc community, but I
haven't found any clue regarding a PC solution.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks
Posted to rec.audio.pro
philper philper is offline

On Sep 17, 4:22 am, Hueyduck wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have received several OMF that I wish I could open.
I think that cubase reads OMF, nowadays, but my old version doesnot.

Ideally, the converter I imageine would open the OMF and spit as many
waves as there are tracks in the OMF.

I read on google that something existed for the MAc community, but I
haven't found any clue regarding a PC solution.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks

There's a great solution for PC, AVTransfer, but it is made by
Fairlight and quite expensive. However, it translates OMFs into
several different formats, perhaps one of which your system can use.
(AVTransfer.net)
There is also SSL's EDL ProConvert, pretty good too and slightly
cheaper.

Philip Perkins
Posted to rec.audio.pro

philper a écrit :

There's a great solution for PC, AVTransfer, but it is made by
Fairlight and quite expensive. However, it translates OMFs into
several different formats, perhaps one of which your system can use.
(AVTransfer.net)
There is also SSL's EDL ProConvert, pretty good too and slightly
cheaper.

Thank you Philip.
I will look into EDL ProConvert (since AVTranfer is the price of Cubase .

Huey