Posted to rec.audio.pro
The Realm The Realm is offline

Default Samplitude 10.1 vs SawStudio 4.3???????????? which has best sonic quality????

Hello,

I am a long time user of samplitude starting back at version 5 or 6.
presently using samplitude pro 10.1; I do love the program; seems to
sound good to me; I use it in conjunction with UAD plugins and nugen
seq1. but I've never compared it to any other DAW software.

Ok, I have found some old posts about how fanstastic and superior
SawStudio sounds to all others including samplitude from about 2006..

has anyone done a recent comparison? I have the sawstudio latest
demo; but this software is tough to figure out how to use...so will
take some time.

so just curious if anyone done some comparisons recently? particularly
between samplitude and sawstudio.
if one is better, then in what way is it better?

I wouldn't want to change over; but if it's vastly superior in sound
quality....then probably worth it for me. I want to get the best I
can get out of my music....

Thanks so much!

also, if anyone knows about the math taking place in samplitude and
sawstudio, that would be nice to know....
like the EQs/compressors/reverbs/echo/delays

by the way, the nugen seq1 is quite amazing....very microprocessor
intensive but well worth it...I liked it better than algorithmix red.