Posted to rec.audio.car
Gunz4Me Gunz4Me is offline

Default 2007 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 6MT Radio Replacement

Greets,

Can any of you recommend a radio to replace the factory head unit in a 2007
Honda Accord EX-L V-6 6MT Sedan? I want to retain the steering wheel
controls, have XM capabilities, and most importantly, play MP3s.

Last year I ditched my 2000 Honda Accord EX coupe, and I NEVER found a
decent gizmo to get the steering wheel controls to work with my Alpine
replacement Head Unit. I hope that has since changed because the two
devices I tried sucked hard in the old coupe.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

On Feb 8, 9:04 pm, "Gunz4Me" wrote:
Greets,

Can any of you recommend a radio to replace the factory head unit in a 2007
Honda Accord EX-L V-6 6MT Sedan? I want to retain the steering wheel
controls, have XM capabilities, and most importantly, play MP3s.

Last year I ditched my 2000 Honda Accord EX coupe, and I NEVER found a
decent gizmo to get the steering wheel controls to work with my Alpine
replacement Head Unit. I hope that has since changed because the two
devices I tried sucked hard in the old coupe.

If you go to crutchfield.com or cardomain.com you can enter in your
year, make, and model and it tells you what fits.I know that most HU's
have XM capailities and almost every HU can play mp3's now.

TroyT.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Gunz4Me Gunz4Me is offline

"Troy T." wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 8, 9:04 pm, "Gunz4Me" wrote:
Greets,

Can any of you recommend a radio to replace the factory head unit in a
2007
Honda Accord EX-L V-6 6MT Sedan? I want to retain the steering wheel
controls, have XM capabilities, and most importantly, play MP3s.

Last year I ditched my 2000 Honda Accord EX coupe, and I NEVER found a
decent gizmo to get the steering wheel controls to work with my Alpine
replacement Head Unit. I hope that has since changed because the two
devices I tried sucked hard in the old coupe.

If you go to crutchfield.com or cardomain.com you can enter in your
year, make, and model and it tells you what fits.I know that most HU's
have XM capailities and almost every HU can play mp3's now.

TroyT.

Bleh, I have to keep the radio and install a replacement in the pocket below
the AC controls since the factory radio has AC functions built into it. It
looks like I will be purchasing a FM adaptor for my free Zune if I want to
play MP3s in the vehicle.

The only other thing I was thinking about was if I were to purchase a
replacement receiver, I wonder if I could use that receiver's aux input to
feed the factory radio? That way I will have my in dash 6 cd changer, XM,
and the ability to play MP3s with the new deck. The other plus would be
pre-amp outputs so I could expand later on down the road. What are the
group's thoughts on this route?

Metra install into a 91 honda accord [email protected] Car Audio 3 January 24th 07 02:46 PM
radio replacement woes New At This Car Audio 4 January 26th 04 03:19 PM
Honda Accord front speaker installation help anony Car Audio 1 December 30th 03 02:08 AM
Alpine in Honda Accord BR Car Audio 1 October 11th 03 08:53 AM
clarion c-bus changer on honda factory radio Paul Vina Car Audio 0 September 3rd 03 01:13 AM