Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NGS

Default phase splitter

My guitar combo has five preamp tubes. They are all supposed to be
12AX7. For the effects send and return I use a 12AT7. For the first
preamp tube V1 I use a 5751. The last position V5 is the phase
splitter. What happens if I were to use a 5751 or 12AT7 or even 12AU7
in this position? Is it just the last boost stage prior to the power
tubes? Thanks.