bluesjeon

Default why 1176Ln and Distressor have attack,release knob inspite of their own program dependent attack and release?

I couldn't understand why 1176Ln and Distressor have attack,release
knob inspite of their own program dependent attack and release
mechanism,which automatically control attack and release setting
according to sound source
Scott Dorsey

bluesjeon wrote:
I couldn't understand why 1176Ln and Distressor have attack,release
knob inspite of their own program dependent attack and release
mechanism,which automatically control attack and release setting
according to sound source

I think you're missing the whole point of the program dependant activity,
if not maybe the whole point of compression for the purpose of coloration.
Mike Caffrey

bluesjeon wrote:
I couldn't understand why 1176Ln and Distressor have attack,release
knob inspite of their own program dependent attack and release
mechanism,which automatically control attack and release setting
according to sound source

The 1176 is never program dependent. The Distressor only is in it's
"Opto" mode and that actually may be a dual stage release.