mcp6453

Default Distressor

I have a Distressor that has been sitting around not being used, and I
am surprised to learn that there are some for $1000 on eBay that did not
sell. Is the market saturated? Has something hurt the sales of the
Distressor? I was hoping to get $1000 for it since it's like new.
Tim Padrick

There's one on there now that's at $1025 with 5 hours to go. It's just a
matter of timing - sometimes there are dead spots. Go ahead and put yours
on. It may take a few passes, but I think it will sell.

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I have a Distressor that has been sitting around not being used, and I
am surprised to learn that there are some for $1000 on eBay that did not
sell. Is the market saturated? Has something hurt the sales of the
Distressor? I was hoping to get $1000 for it since it's like new.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"mcp6453" wrote in message ...
I have a Distressor that has been sitting around not being used, and I
am surprised to learn that there are some for $1000 on eBay that did not
sell. Is the market saturated? Has something hurt the sales of the
Distressor? I was hoping to get $1000 for it since it's like new.

Look at the state of the market today... there's not (relatively speaking)
more than a handfull of engineers liberal term who even know what
it is. Those that do, aren't spending a lot of time looking for used gear.

I could have bought a pair on two different ocassions over two years
ago for $1000 each, but found a much higher quantity of "somewhat"
similar in usage gear. I got a lot of good Aphex pieces for the same
price.... Two Compellors, three Dominators, one Expressor, two
Ashly CL-52E, and a couple of Aphex 612 Dual gates. That's a lot
of 'bang' for just over $2K. It's a fantastic piece of gear - every 'real'
studio should have a pair in the rack.

However, given that most kids can find a complete "studio in a box"
these days for the price of a pair of good compressors like the
Distressor, e-Bay may be a slow market to respond.

In general, the economy ain't all that darn good, either.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com