Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default another trio video

not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Nate Najar" wrote in message
not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

Excellent.
Very nice rendition.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:47:36 -0700 (PDT), Nate Najar
wrote:

not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, but why does only the bass player have any music? Also, how
does it work out for you acoustically with the drums away at one side
and the bass centred?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

wrote:

not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, but why does only the bass player have any music?

It's a jazz trio. Nate already knows the song, the drummer knows what to
do with a song like this one, and the bass player isn't totally solid on
the changes yet. Once he is, he probably won't have music, either.

Also, how does it work out for you acoustically with the drums away at one
side and the bass centred?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqXcV9DYAc
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Nate Najar wrote:

not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. *so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, but why does only the bass player have any music? Also, how
does it work out for you acoustically with the drums away at one side
and the bass centred?

yeah I just introduced the tune to the trio that night. I already
know it but the bass player needed the changes.

I like having the drummer off to the side- I don't like being next to
or in front of the drums. I always set up with the bass in between me
and the drummer. it feels good to me.

thanks for listening!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jul 28, 2:43*pm, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Nate Najar wrote:
not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....
this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"
http://vimeo.com/26971990
It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. *so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

* Kind regards

* Peter Larsen

thanks for the compliments everyone!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
The MAN The MAN is offline

wrote:
not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

this is a Charlie Byrd tune called "Charlotte's Fancy"

http://vimeo.com/26971990

It's a good room when I hang curtains and have an audience of 150.
But when empty (as in this case) it's a reverberant, uncontrolled
reflective garage. *so I couldn't really use the spot mics- I had to
use the pickup feeds, which i don't like to do, but overall I think
the sound is still fine.

Very nice, but why does only the bass player have any music? Also, how
does it work out for you acoustically with the drums away at one side
and the bass centred?

The drums are almost always the loudest instrument, so it's
nice to have a bit of space between them and the soloist.

Nice playing Nate. Enjoyed your smooth runs....
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dec [Cluskey] Dec [Cluskey] is offline

On Jul 27, 9:47*pm, Nate Najar wrote:
not a concert- just a rehearsal where I wanted to work on my recording
chops and introduce some new music to the trio....

Nate

Very nice .... I'm jealous.

I have always been in awe of guys who can do that stuff ...

Me? I have to spend the hours working out exactly what I am going to
play ... rehearse it to death and then do ten takes before I get it
right ... but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

And thank you for introducing me to Vimeo.com ... good for storing
stuff for visitors.

Dec [Cluskey] http://www.deccluskey.co.uk/blog

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 7/30/2011 6:53 AM, Dec [Cluskey] wrote:

... but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

Oh, I thought that maybe when you heard the playback you
said: "Geez, I must have lost my ear!"

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Dec [Cluskey]" wrote in message
but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

Van Gogh didn't have to get the Mona Lisa right at all. Leonado Da Vinci had
done a pretty good job of it already!

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Trevor wrote:
"Dec [Cluskey]" wrote in message
but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

Van Gogh didn't have to get the Mona Lisa right at all. Leonado Da Vinci had
done a pretty good job of it already!

I thought that was Andy Warhol?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Trevor wrote:
"Dec [Cluskey]" wrote in message
but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

Van Gogh didn't have to get the Mona Lisa right at all. Leonado Da Vinci
had
done a pretty good job of it already!

I thought that was Andy Warhol?

Everyone knows it was Nat King Cole.

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/30/2011 8:58 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

but then I have the Van Gogh attitude ... he only had to get
the Mona Lisa right once?

Van Gogh didn't have to get the Mona Lisa right at all. Leonado Da Vinci had
done a pretty good job of it already!

I thought that was Andy Warhol?

Naw, it was Disney.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jul 30, 1:32*pm, "Trevor" wrote:

Van Gogh didn't have to get the Mona Lisa right at all. Leonado Da Vinci had
done a pretty good job of it already!

Trevor.

Trevor

Oh my Gaaaaaaawwwwdddd!

Is that the sign of the dreaded 'Old Timer's Disease'? [grin!]

Do you know, I have been using that analogy for years and no one
picked up on that ... me included!

You get the idea though?

Dec [Cluskey] http://www.deccluskey.co.uk/blog

trio soundclips Nate Najar Pro Audio 5 April 21st 11 02:33 PM
video of my jazz trio- dpa 4099 content hank alrich Pro Audio 0 March 16th 11 02:27 AM
video of my jazz trio- dpa 4099 content Ty Ford Pro Audio 10 March 9th 11 08:15 AM
video of my jazz trio- dpa 4099 content Peter Larsen[_3_] Pro Audio 5 March 6th 11 10:03 PM
Trio W-50 Receiver John Cusick Vacuum Tubes 2 July 28th 03 01:16 AM