Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.misc
J.B. Wood J.B. Wood is offline

Default Adcom GTP-500 II

Hello, all. I have the subject audio preamp/tuner that I purchased way
back in 1991. It has worked flawlessly over the years but yesterday
started randomly power cycling (the unit uses a relay) without operator
intervention. When it's on and feeding the companion GTP-500 II audio
power amp everything works audio-wise except that in addition to the
power cycling, infrared remote control has also been rendered
inoperative. Has anyone seen this or similar behavior in other
products? I currently do not have the service manual. I did unplug the
unit from the AC line for 24+ hours but upon restoring AC power the
problem continues. Thanks for your time and comment.

FA: Acurus pre amp, Adcom 555 II, Adcom GFP-550, NO RESERVES ** __ ** Marketplace 0 December 10th 07 08:06 PM
FS: Adcom Ace 515 Sticky Marketplace 0 August 20th 07 03:21 AM
fa adcom 535 II amp hydebee Marketplace 0 April 16th 07 12:40 PM
fa adcom ga 555 200 wpc amp Hydebee Marketplace 0 May 18th 05 11:34 PM
Adcom 555 Peter Marketplace 2 January 8th 05 05:07 AM