Paul Garon

Default Advice needed

Several years ago I bought a Sony RCD-W1 CD recorder/player, at Tweeter
(a mistake I won't make again). After a few months, it would no longer
record from various media (tape, 78s, LPs), so I took it in for repairs.
Their repair shop eventually sent it to Sony who finally fixed it after
six weeks.

Now it's happening again. It will do synchro recording from another CD,
at high speed or at normal, both of which I just did. But when I went to
dub a tape, it wouldn't start recording. Ditto for dubbing 78s.

Can anyone make any suggestions (no obscenities, please g)? Is this
the kind of thing that a skilled repairman could do, thus making a visit
to Tweeter unnecessary?

Any advice will be *deeply* appreciated.

Stu R

Contact Sony directly. I sent in a receiver under warranty a couple of
months ago and they returned it repaired in about ten days, including
ground shipping time. They also have any special test equipment and parts
in hand. which a local repair facility may not have. They're under
Sony.com on the web.