Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Spiral shield coverage -- how much is enough?

Thanks for the tips. I agree with the convenience of the spiral shield.
Both of these cables are spiral shielded. They are a brand called
ProCo, and two particular types sold by Parts Express. I have used the
55% type for years. Most of my cables are in the ballpark of 10 feet or
less.

(I also suspect that the 90% stuff may not have a thicker dielectric,
but may simply have a thicker jacket).