Posted to rec.audio.pro
HK HK is offline

Default Phase 88

Is out there anyone who could explain me how correctly connect a headphone
to the analog output RCA connectors of the Terratec Phase 88 audio card?
The output level can be adjusted either at -10bBV or +4dBu (i.e. 0.56Vms and
2.1Vms).
Tnx everyone.
Bye

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Edi Zubovic Edi Zubovic is offline

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:26:24 +0100, "HK" wrote:

Is out there anyone who could explain me how correctly connect a headphone
to the analog output RCA connectors of the Terratec Phase 88 audio card?
The output level can be adjusted either at -10bBV or +4dBu (i.e. 0.56Vms and
2.1Vms).
Tnx everyone.
Bye

-- You can't connect headphones to any of output pairs at Phase 88
directly. However, connecting a a headphone amplifier firstly will do.

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

HK wrote:
Is out there anyone who could explain me how correctly connect a headphone
to the analog output RCA connectors of the Terratec Phase 88 audio card?
The output level can be adjusted either at -10bBV or +4dBu (i.e. 0.56Vms and
2.1Vms).

You can hear something from most headphones when conected to a +4 dBu
output, but it won't sound very loud and may not sound very good, plus
you have no volume control. The explanation of how to wire an adapter
(you surely can't buy one off the shelf) and the consideration of the
possible options is too complex for someone who has to ask to
understand easily.

I'd suggest that you get a headphone amplifier, or even use a surplus
stereo receiver with an "Aux" input (connect it to the RCA -10 dBV
jacks) and a headphone jack.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

HK wrote:
Is out there anyone who could explain me how correctly connect a headphone
to the analog output RCA connectors of the Terratec Phase 88 audio card?
The output level can be adjusted either at -10bBV or +4dBu (i.e. 0.56Vms and
2.1Vms).

The headphone amplifier plugs into the sound card. The headphones plug into
the headphone amplifier. The Headwize is a good inexpensive one.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:26:24 +0100, "HK" wrote:

Is out there anyone who could explain me how correctly connect a headphone
to the analog output RCA connectors of the Terratec Phase 88 audio card?
The output level can be adjusted either at -10bBV or +4dBu (i.e. 0.56Vms and
2.1Vms).

Try connecting them directly set to +4. There may be enough power to
drive them. Really there should be an external amplifier between
card and headphones.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Laurence Payne wrote:

Try connecting them directly set to +4.

I belive that at this point his problem is mechanical, not electrical.
He doesn't know how to make the one headphone plug fit into the two
output jacks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
HK HK is offline

First, thnks averyone for the info.

The mechanic problem was conditioned by the electric but....
Connecting the headphone with a simple adapter (RCA to 1/4"jack) even
without ampli I had a decent signal.
Anyway I will look for an headphone ampli.

Bye

"Mike Rivers" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

Laurence Payne wrote:

Try connecting them directly set to +4.

I belive that at this point his problem is mechanical, not electrical.
He doesn't know how to make the one headphone plug fit into the two
output jacks.

Multiplex decoder nearly rewired. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 20 November 24th 05 10:08 AM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Doppler Distortion - Fact or Fiction Bob Cain Pro Audio 266 August 17th 04 06:50 AM
Transient response of actively filtered speakers Carlos Tech 64 November 26th 03 05:44 PM
Negative/Positive Phase Shift in a Transformer Chris Hornbeck Pro Audio 4 July 10th 03 03:09 AM