Posted to rec.audio.tubes
mike s mike s is offline

Default Valve Rolling Myth?

That seems like an expensive way to start. What was you're thinking? What are your plans?

I have a tester, an ancient AVO characteristic meter with later modifications to permit the testing of noval (B9A) and similar types. It's a really useful thing to have when working on old equipment as it enables testing of valves (tubes) outside the equipment. But when building new equipment it's generally easy enough to check voltages in the working article.

About the only thing that gets built using valves these days is audio amplifiers, you rarely hear of anyone building a new receiver, transmitter, television, scope, etc.