Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default How much can a good bass player makes in a year?

If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar

muzician21 wrote:
If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.

'Bout tree fiddy.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Carl Carl is offline

Les Cargill wrote:
muzician21 wrote:
If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.

'Bout tree fiddy.

While the OP isn't going to get much in a usable answer from this, I had to
tell you that you had me in stitches. I can't put my finger on why exactly,
but it is just very funny. Good job. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

"muzician21" wrote in message
If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.

That is going to be very hard to answer, becaue there are very, very few
people in that catagory. All I know is that you can make a comfortable
living if you have the connections and skills to back it up, but it's easier
to get the skills than the connections.

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

muzician21 wrote:

If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.

http://www.berklee.edu/pdf/parents/m...y-salaries.pdf

A-list players will draw roughly 3x national scale and play several
sessions/day most days of the week. From their gross in addition to
taxes and such, deduct management fees which may run 15 to 30%.

The A-list is startlingly short and the level of professional execution
is startlingly high.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

hank alrich wrote:

http://www.berklee.edu/pdf/parents/m...y-salaries.pdf

A-list players will draw roughly 3x national scale and play several
sessions/day most days of the week. From their gross in addition to
taxes and such, deduct management fees which may run 15 to 30%.

Scale isn't bad, though.

The A-list is startlingly short and the level of professional execution
is startlingly high.

My experience is that hiring A-list guys is cheaper because they nail it
on the first take so you wind up paying less for the job. Consequently
it might actually pay less to be an A-list guy....

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

(Scott Dorsey) :

hank alrich wrote:

http://www.berklee.edu/pdf/parents/m...y-salaries.pdf

A-list players will draw roughly 3x national scale and play several
sessions/day most days of the week. From their gross in addition to
taxes and such, deduct management fees which may run 15 to 30%.

Scale isn't bad, though.

The A-list is startlingly short and the level of professional execution
is startlingly high.

My experience is that hiring A-list guys is cheaper because they nail it
on the first take so you wind up paying less for the job. Consequently
it might actually pay less to be an A-list guy....
--scott

In that case, I'll bet they make it up in 'volume' since they're in such
demand. The cartage guys may fret, though.

david
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.music.makers.guitar
Washed Marge Washed Marge is offline

On Aug 12, 8:32*am, "Sean Conolly" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

If you're able to hazard an informed guess, what do you figure a
skilled, in-demand LA or Nashville or wherever bass player who gets
regular calls for studio and other work can bring in? Probably likely
they play other instruments too I suppose.

That is going to be very hard to answer, becaue there are very, very few
people in that catagory. All I know is that you can make a comfortable
living if you have the connections and skills to back it up, but it's easier
to get the skills than the connections.

Sean

Well, I saw Lee Sklar greeting people at a Wal-Mart the other day.

At least I *think* it was Lee Sklar... Old dude with long white hair?
Yeah, and the biker get-up, big ring through his nose...

Lee Sklar has a big ring through his nose, doesn't he?