Default Digital Mixer

I'm trying to find a good digital mixer in the under 2k range. Anybody have
suggestions or experience with a specific model? I'd like to be able to
virtually control my DP mixer as well as analog input. Should I stick to an
analog model - has digital "not arrived" in my price range?
All opinions and advice are appreciated.

Thanks
Robert Pascarella

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 15:21:24 -0500, wrote:

I'm trying to find a good digital mixer in the under 2k range. Anybody have
suggestions or experience with a specific model? I'd like to be able to
virtually control my DP mixer as well as analog input. Should I stick to an
analog model - has digital "not arrived" in my price range?
All opinions and advice are appreciated.

Thanks

Not much to choose from at your price range. Personally, I have no
experience with any digital mixers in that range but I have noticed
several Yamaha 01V Digital Mixers in some Avid Suites and also in some
Digital Video Post rooms. I've asked editors how they like them and
they have been positive.

At my last check they were pricing at about 2.5k.

BP.

ScotFraser

I'd like to piggyback on this discussion since I am also looking for a
digital mixer in the 2-3k class. My criteria are a minimum of 3 ADAT i/o
connections, 96 khz minimum, a few analog connections and 5.1 Surround
capabiity if at all possible.

Tascam DM24, although the ADATs would have to be converted to DTRS, either with
IF-TAD units or else an internal card could be installed. Stock, it has just 1
ADAT i/o.

Scott Fraser
Steve Carroll

In article ,
"Bob Ingalls" wrote:

I'd like to piggyback on this discussion since I am also looking for a
digital mixer in the 2-3k class. My criteria are a minimum of 3 ADAT i/o
connections, 96 khz minimum, a few analog connections and 5.1 Surround
capabiity if at all possible. I have been looking at the Yamaha 01V96 which
meets all the criteria except the 5.1 Surround requirement. Anyone have
any other suggestions? Anyone know if Mackie is planning something to
compete in this price range?

Is that Yamaha under 2k(the OP's price range)?

Steve
Glenn Dowdy

"Steve Carroll" wrote in message

Is that Yamaha under 2k(the OP's price range)?

I'm seeing street prices of $2200 on froogle.com.

Glenn D.

Vladan

Event EZBus. I have it, and find it O.K. I don't use DP, though.
Vladan
www.geocities.com/vla_dan_l
www.mp3.com/lesly , www.mp3.com/shook , www.mp3.com/lesly2
www.kunsttick.com/artists/vuskovic/indexdat.htm
tojo

Behringer DDX3216 just lowered it's price to $1295 and 8thstreet is
selling them for $999. The ADAT card are $200 each so you will have
everything you need for $1400. Software automation (3rd party) isn't
quite there but other than that, you get what you want at much less.
I don't know if V01R96 has 3 ADAT... But Yamaha has the best software
support and better sound quality. It's ADAT card are like $500+
though. Tascam DM24 is also very cool, and it does have software
support, this is closer to $3000 if you have all the digital add-ons
you like, but this has been out longer with good support from Tascam.
Check out their forum on this mixer.
my 2c

On 10 Aug 2003 00:06:22 GMT, (ScotFraser) wrote:

I'm trying to find a good digital mixer in the under 2k range. Anybody have
suggestions or experience with a specific model? I'd like to be able to
virtually control my DP mixer as well as analog input. Should I stick to an
analog model - has digital "not arrived" in my price range?

For just a couple hundred $ more, the Tascam DM24 does basically what you're
after. It will control DP functions, although automation of 3rd party plugins
is not yet supported.

Scott Fraser

TAPKAE

"Robert Pascarella" read this in the National Enquirer :

Not much to choose from at your price range. Personally, I have no
experience with any digital mixers in that range but I have noticed
several Yamaha 01V Digital Mixers in some Avid Suites and also in some
Digital Video Post rooms. I've asked editors how they like them and
they have been positive.

At my last check they were pricing at about 2.5k.

Is that the same model that sells for about $1600 new?

-- TAPKAE
http://tapkae.com

"We're the cleanup crew for parties we were too young to attend"
(Kevin Gilbert)

Robert Pascarella

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 07:45:49 GMT, TAPKAE wrote:

"Robert Pascarella" read this in the National Enquirer :

Not much to choose from at your price range. Personally, I have no
experience with any digital mixers in that range but I have noticed
several Yamaha 01V Digital Mixers in some Avid Suites and also in some
Digital Video Post rooms. I've asked editors how they like them and
they have been positive.

At my last check they were pricing at about 2.5k.

Is that the same model that sells for about $1600 new?

Maybe. The 01V96 fully loaded with all the cards and options goes for
a bit more than that. Pricing may vary.

BP.
Steve Carroll

In article
,
"Glenn Dowdy" wrote:

"Steve Carroll" wrote in message

Is that Yamaha under 2k(the OP's price range)?

I'm seeing street prices of $2200 on froogle.com.

Glenn D.

That's pretty damn good. I'm blown away how quickly this stuff comes
down in price.
Steve

Thanks to everyone for the help - good stuff.

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro