Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Moosebumps

Default Speakers for small room

I have a small room (10' x 12') and I want to get a good set of speakers for
it. Right now I have a set of computer speakers (2 sats/sub configuration)
and they sound good for what they are, but they don't really fill the room.
My bed is at the end of the room, so all the music sounds like it's coming
from the right side when I am in bed. I position the speakers so that
they're centered around me when I'm at my desk. There is also a lot of crap
in the room, which will absorb the sound.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible to get some "high end" sound
with low power requirements for cheap? Most of the stuff that is "high end"
seems to be overpowered for this room.

I've read that some people like surround speakers for music because they
fill the room better. Should I get a 4 or 5 speaker system and position
them around the room?

MB