Default New Song "Moonshine"

Howdy Y'all,
I posted a new song titled "Moonshine" its a song about moonshine, and a
small town where moonshining is the accepted norm.
http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1810915&q=Hi

For those stuck with dial up

http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1810915&q=Lo

Lyrics by Freddy Potts & Bob Grez

Well, Ol' George can Dickel, and Ol' Jim can Beam, but they can't hold a
candle to the shine that I've seen.
Now Nothing beats the taste of that secret recipe
hits you 'tween the eyes till you, just can't see.
It's all hidden real well, in the gully past the mill
Ol' Johnny's got it cookin' in the beat up copper still,
revenuers keep a lookin', but they don't ask Sheriff Bill.

Moonshine, white lightning, corn in a jar,
beats any thing you'll find in that ol' state liquor store.
You can't buy it legal man but, hey that's ok.
Crossin' the law makes it taste better any way.
now You can keep your light beer and your store bought brew.
With them fancy ads, and those fancy labels too,
For these ol' country boys, only the shine will do.

Now Ya gotta watch that dirt road there, comin' in to town.
When there runnin' that shine, ya know they don't slow down.
They'll be waitin' in line down behind Bobby Jo's.
It's the best kept secret that this, whole town knows.
Now if the sheriff comes by he ain't got a word to say.
Don't give him any guff and he'll just, look the other way
Cos' he knows who he can count on, come election day.

Moonshine, white lightning, corn in a jar,
beats any thing you'll find in that ol'state liquor store.
You can't buy it legal man but, hey that's ok.
Crossin' the law makes it taste better any way.
now You can keep your light beer and your store bought brew.
With them fancy ads, and those fancy labels too,
For these ol' country boys, only the shine will do.

Tell the truth, one more time.

Moonshine, white lightning, corn in a jar,
beats any thing you'll find in that ol' state liquor store.
You can't buy it legal man but, hey that's ok.
Crossin' the law makes it taste better any way.
now You can keep your light beer and your store bought brew.
With them fancy ads, and those fancy labels too,
For these ol' country boys, only the shine will do.
Tell the truth, now
For these ol' country boys, only the shine will do.

I was stuck trying to write a song about still ownership and making the best
shine, till I got together with, Mr. Bob Grez. He helped me turn it into a
song about shine, and shine culture instead.

60 cycle hum

Hey there,

listened to your tune and it rocked, man.......I live right in them
neck of the woods so I can relate with the story.....I wrote a similar
tune that you may dig......I took a more Appalachian Mountain approach
to mine........anyway, here's a link to it

http://www.staceyblood.com/david/Grampa's_Still.mp3

cheers,
60 cycle hum

GRAMPA'S STILL

I was ten years old when granddaddy done spilled the secret
He was so damn drunk he didn't even know he leaked it
So I followed him down, on his trail like a hound
Spellbound by what I'd seen
He had fire in his eyes and the devil by his side
Kneelin' by that old machine

The law all knew granpappy was a-runnin' whiskey
They'd cruise by time to time but he said "they would never get me"
Lookin' just to book him for the liquor he was cookin'
But they never looked over the hill
And when they came around to the hollers from town
All they found was grampa's still

He was rockin' in his chair like an old man should
With his eyes in the back of his head
They couldn't tell if he was breathin' and he had 'em all believin'
That he was stone cold dead
They went snoopin' through the gravel just tryin' to unravel
The roots of our family tree
But all they found was grampa's still
As still as he could be

It was a stormy night and it didn't feel right
Granpappy never stumbled home
So I grabbed a flashlight and I headed through the night
With a cold chill in my bones
I was feelin' a little scared when I saw him in that chair
His blue toes draggin' in the sand
He didn't leave a will, just a map to the still
And a recipe in his hand

They could bury grampa but the town couldn't bury the lies
The sheriff and the mayor said a prayer as they wiped their eyes

He was rockin' in his chair like an old man should
When they lowered him in the grave
With a mason jar clutched in his hands and a smile upon his face
All the town folk worried who was gonna carry on the old man's legacy
But even though grampa's still
His secret is instilled in me

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:24:44 -0600, wrote:

[...]

Howdy 60 Cycle
I have yours, I downloaded it off of Soundclick, and I got to tell you the
"Pros" in Nashville have got nothing on you man. Every thing you do is
absolutely first class. Listening to your shine song inspired me to pull
mine off of the back burner. I am glad you liked it. I only wish that I had
half of your production skills.
"60 cycle hum" wrote in message
[...]

60 cycle hum

thanks man......I'm glad you liked the tune

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you as well......

cheers,
60 cycle hum

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:45:12 -0600, wrote:

Howdy 60 Cycle
I have yours, I downloaded it off of Soundclick, and I got to tell you the
"Pros" in Nashville have got nothing on you man. Every thing you do is
absolutely first class. Listening to your shine song inspired me to pull
mine off of the back burner. I am glad you liked it. I only wish that I had
half of your production skills.
"60 cycle hum" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Roger W. Norman

Sorry to butt in, but with the exception of placing the instruments a little
more forward in the mix, you're doing fine. You have the idea, but maybe
just not the experience. Of course, some of it is undoubtedly the mp3
encoding, and there are tricks for doing mixes for conversion (Stephen Paul
did a series of posts when he could on another forum just before he passed
away, and I'd have to look up a reference), but the point is to not be
afraid of the instruments being as much a part of the mix as the vocal is.
Now I always put vocals out front, but even I don't hide things like the
drums so far back you have to squeeze your ears to pick it up.

The point is that even though the 60 cycle hum's production and mixing is
very good indeed, you have nothing to apologize for. So now that you've
decided to pick it up and dust it off, let us know how it's going.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

wrote in message
[...]

Tommy B

"Moonshine" sounds like it was recorded in a can...REMIX NOW!
"Grandpa's Still" sounds much better, but it kinda plods in the verses. I
think it's everyone playing quarters.
Have the bass play halfs or whole notes.
I only listened once, but that's my first impression.
Tom

wrote in message
[...]

Michel de Vries

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
cut..... Of course, some of it is undoubtedly the mp3
encoding, and there are tricks for doing mixes for conversion (Stephen

Paul
did a series of posts when he could on another forum just before he passed
away, and I'd have to look up a reference),.....

I must say I'm interested in that. If you could look up that reference or
post some other form of information, I'd really appreciate it!

Michel

Roger W. Norman

I'm not making calls about where it was recorded, just that the parts are
there and can be distinguished, which means it can probably be remixed with
good results.

I didn't say either one would be a hit, and truthfully, I obviously don't
know what would determine a hit because I hear hits and wonder how the ****
that happened! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

ink.net...

wrote in message
[...]

Roger W. Norman

I'll look. Since I use MS OE for newsgroup stuff, and I'm on my third
computer (I think) since Stephen did these posts, I may or may not be able
to find it. I know that Stephen was the moderator and it may well be that
Harvey Gerst was the moderator on another section of the same forum (and
maybe Fletcher too), but I just don't know right now.

Unfortunately I've offered to look up some other specifics on references
that I'm not sure I should have offered because it's been so long since this
studio was up and things are in such a disarray that even the computer
systems I was using at the time are in question, much less my attention to
enough detail to have transferred all this stuff from an older to a newer
machine.

However, one should be able to look up (google) Stephen Paul, or check his
website and garner some additional information if I don't come up with
anything within the next day or so.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Michel de Vries" wrote in message

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
cut..... Of course, some of it is undoubtedly the mp3
encoding, and there are tricks for doing mixes for conversion (Stephen

Paul
did a series of posts when he could on another forum just before he

passed
away, and I'd have to look up a reference),.....

I must say I'm interested in that. If you could look up that reference or
post some other form of information, I'd really appreciate it!

Michel

60 cycle hum

thanks for the advice Tommy

cheers,
60 cycle hum

wrote in message
[...]

60 cycle hum

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:32:35 -0500, "Roger W. Norman"
wrote:

I'm not making calls about where it was recorded, just that the parts are
there and can be distinguished, which means it can probably be remixed with
good results.

I didn't say either one would be a hit, and truthfully, I obviously don't
know what would determine a hit because I hear hits and wonder how the ****
that happened! g

hahahahaha

cheers,