Posted to rec.audio.car
b in atl b in atl is offline

Default how to wire (4) dual 4ohm sub down to 1ohm

how to wire (4) dual 4ohm sub down to 1ohm or what do i do with my
subs and i have a powerbass 2000 watt amps d class 1ohm and i put out
1000 was at 1ohm and the 250 ea subs so the subs are 300 watts rms ea
and 600 peak ???? thank
Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

b in atl wrote:
how to wire (4) dual 4ohm sub down to 1ohm or what do i do with my
subs and i have a powerbass 2000 watt amps d class 1ohm and i put out
1000 was at 1ohm and the 250 ea subs so the subs are 300 watts rms ea
and 600 peak ???? thank

Here you go:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...s.asp?Q=2&I=42

Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

b in atl wrote:
how to wire (4) dual 4ohm sub down to 1ohm or what do i do with my
subs and i have a powerbass 2000 watt amps d class 1ohm and i put out
1000 was at 1ohm and the 250 ea subs so the subs are 300 watts rms ea
and 600 peak ???? thank

Doh, I was half asleep when I replied to your initial question. You are
NEVER going to get 4 dual 4 ohm subs down to one ohm AND have even power
distributed to each sub.

The lowest you will be able to go with even power distribution is .5
ohms or 2 ohms, see he
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...s.asp?Q=4&I=42

I am sure someone will tell me that you can wire one or more of your
subs in series and the rest in parallel to up your impedance, BUT your
power will not be evenly distributed if you do AND those subs wired in
series will play lower than the other subs that you wired in parallel.
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

1st rule....dont over think it.
2nd rule try it.who knows....
3rd rule....extend your warrentys...lol
4. less is more.
just use 2 of those subs....ty

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] geraldkeeton21@gmail.com is offline

What if the amp is only 1ohm

dolph dolph is offline
Junior Member

I will give u a link http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/wo...s.asp?Q=2&I=42
192.168.l.2

Last edited by dolph : September 6th 16 at 01:20 PM