Posted to rec.audio.car
tracine tracine is offline

Default Dodge Charger - Stereo questions

I just got a Dodge Charger SXT and have the 276 watt amp and 6 speaker
Boston Acoustic system .
.... Not a recommended option !
The CD player really sucks. There is very little way to play with or
adjust the sound. You have just a simple Bass, Mid and Treble adjustment.
I find the system to be VERY bassy but sort of muffled muffled. The highs
just aren't there either.
You get blasted when you switch from CD to radio if you don't remember to
turn it down first.
The radio signal is that much louder than the CD!! I am looking into
options of swapping my
system but aftermarket units don't fit in well with the size of the stock
unit and how it is placed in the dash.

The CD unit is a single CD unit with no mp3 capability ... which I was told
it had grrrrrrr.

Would anyone know if the 6 CD changer WITH mp3 capability is a better unit
than the single unit?
I am working on the dealer to swap units.
Audio questions are lost on dealer techs and service departments. When I
contacted Dodge directly, I was told to
contact my dealer. round and round I go !

Would anyone out there have any resonably priced options?

Thanks

Music Deprived Charger Owner