Posted to rec.audio.tech
ian

Default Quality of BBC listen again?

Hi;

I listen to the BBC listen again and find the audio is, well, just not
up the quality I wold expect of such a service.

Their player tells me its running at 125kbps and quickly runs down to
70kbps.
All these sound as though I am listening to it under a bridge. I am
using reasonable audio kit from my PC.

Is this my kit or just the way BBC streams out its "listen again"
service?

Listen to something like Quietfm.com at 64kbps and the audio is
pleasent and as it should be.

Regards
ian

Recommendation for sound card for recording quality. William.R.Reisen Pro Audio 102 June 11th 05 08:40 AM
The Bose Quality Myth Terrified Tech 2 February 21st 05 04:56 AM
FA: Denon DCP-150 The best audio quality discman ever made. Ending tomorrow. Milan Pollé Marketplace 0 November 8th 04 12:47 AM
SACD & DVD-A Is this how you define market failure? Arny Krueger Pro Audio 131 June 20th 04 04:03 AM
Comments about Blind Testing watch king High End Audio 24 January 28th 04 04:03 PM