Posted to rec.audio.tech
sirdon

Default WAV file playtime stretching Logic / Algorithm / Source Code

Hello all....
Please note that my current project is recording of audio conference.
I have been able to do so with some nasty coding..
But now am stuck up with audio Synchronization....
for eg...
Total Conference time is 10:00 mins
File play time for User A is 10:00 mins
File playtime for User B is 9:57 mins
File playtime for User C is 9:52 mins
Now when I mix all these files mixed file's play time will be 10:00
mins due to A's file is the longest play time.
BUT : B's Sound can be hared till 9:57 mins & so for C till 9:52
mins...

Now My Question...
I need some algorithm (Source Code / Logic which I can code) in VC++
such that I can do followings.
1. B's file can be stretched for 3 seconds to make it's play time as
10:00 mins
2. C's file can be stretched for 7 seconds to make it's play time as
10:00 mins

I have gone through many sample software's available on the net.. but
did not give me such accurate solution. (Most of them work with time
stretching in multiples of 10%)
More over I have worked with JITTER for the same at the recording
time... Didn't help much... JITTER usage has improved my output but
not as required.

Any one please do get back so as I can achieve this milestone as soon
as possible.

Thanks in advance..
Bipin

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"sirdon" wrote ...
I need some algorithm (Source Code / Logic which I can code) in VC++
such that I can do followings.
1. B's file can be stretched for 3 seconds to make it's play time as
10:00 mins
2. C's file can be stretched for 7 seconds to make it's play time as
10:00 mins

I'm pretty sure that Audacity has a servicable stretch functionality.
Since it is free, you can download it and try it to see if it sounds OK
to you. If you like the effect, the code is open-source.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
James Lehman

Figure out what sample rate you need to slow down the shorter waves to last
10:00 min. In other words, lets say your 10 min reference is at 48KHz, then
the others will be at a slightly slower sample rate based on (length of B) /
(length of A). Set the sample rate of wave B to it's adjusted value and
resample it back up to 48KHz. A reasonable sample rate conversion is to take
the slope between the samples to calculate the values of sample in between.

http://www.akrobiz.com/laserboy/

James. )

"sirdon" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

Do you have to code this yourself or just get it done? There is a 30-day
free trial of Adobe Audition (www.adobe.com) and it has this feature.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

"sirdon" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all....
Please note that my current project is recording of audio conference.
I have been able to do so with some nasty coding..
But now am stuck up with audio Synchronization....
for eg...
Total Conference time is 10:00 mins
File play time for User A is 10:00 mins
File playtime for User B is 9:57 mins
File playtime for User C is 9:52 mins
Now when I mix all these files mixed file's play time will be 10:00
mins due to A's file is the longest play time.
BUT : B's Sound can be hared till 9:57 mins & so for C till 9:52
mins...

One way to *stretch* tracks is to periodically add a little chunks of
silence.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
James Lehman

Here's another way:

If the one wave is 3 seconds shorter than the target of 10 minutes, that's
1/200 of the total time short.
So repeat every 200th sample.

James. )