Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil Nil is offline

Default How did they create that sound on "Mercy Mercy Me"?

On 03 Apr 2011, "Don P." wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

I just happen to have a copy of the 16-track. Let's take a look
(Listen?). There's 4 tracks of drums/percussion. Track 1 is the
kick, track 2 is the rest of the kit, track 3 is congas, track 4
is woodblock (with some alternate celeste in it).

Track 3 has a nice hi conga slap in it that corresponds to the
snare. Stick that thru a plate and there's your sound.

I have that, too, but I don't think the conga track is what's making
the "racquetball"/ping sound. I can hear the conga track buried inside
the final mix - the ping sounds like a discreet track, and isn't
included in the 16-track version that's going around.