Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

Default God help RAO

http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/07/lou...ty-opinion.php

"New research reveals even if only one member of a group repeats their
opinion, it is more likely to be seen by others as representative of the
whole group."

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

MiNe 109 said:

"New research reveals even if only one member of a group repeats their
opinion, it is more likely to be seen by others as representative of the
whole group."

How much time do you spend perusing the blogosphere, anyway?

Everybody who humiliates Mr. **** turns out to be stupid or a liar.
Thousands and thousands of fully functional human beings are all
stupid or liars or both. And yet Arnii Krooger portrays himself as
an oracle of truth and a paragon of brilliance. What are the odds?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 7, 7:32 pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
http://www.spring.org.uk/2007/07/lou...ty-opinion.php

"New research reveals even if only one member of a group repeats their
opinion, it is more likely to be seen by others as representative of the
whole group."

Go with it. From this research we can conclude:

1. Everybody on RAO is as stupid as 2pid.

2. Everybody here dislikes John Atkinson intensely.

3. RAO is a hotbed of not-very-well-thought-out uber-right-wing
political beliefs

4. Everybody on RAO despises gays.

5. Everybody on RAO 'thinks' the US should stay in Iraq indefinitely.

6. Everybody on RAO 'thinks' Islam sucks.

7. "Science" should play a part in selecting consumer audio goods.

And so on.

Anyone with a brain would see that isn't the case.

Those that do not have brains see it that way anyway.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 7, 9:56 pm, Bret Ludwig wrote:
"New research reveals even if only one member of a group repeats their
opinion, it is more likely to be seen by others as representative of the
whole group."

Go with it. From this research we can conclude:

Well, not quite.

All of these things have been repeated on RAO by one member of the
group more than once.

So, yes, quite.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Soundhaspriority a scris:

About six months ago, I decided that I would make my own personal statement
about this. I now sign my posts with my phone number. The intent is to
influence both the behavior of people who respond to me, and my own
behavior.

It sure works for me.
I am very careful that i never accidently dial that wrong number.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

How much time do you spend perusing the blogosphere, anyway?

Just enough.

That's relatively flexible of you.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

MiNe 109 said:

How much time do you spend perusing the blogosphere, anyway?

Just enough.

That's relatively flexible of you.

Surprisingly to some, very little time at DailyKos.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

How much time do you spend perusing the blogosphere, anyway?

Just enough.

That's relatively flexible of you.

Surprisingly to some, very little time at DailyKos.

Really? I've heard that regular usage of DailyKos inhibits brain decay.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article .com,
Bret Ludwig wrote:

I don't despise them. I support the right of consenting adults to do
as they will in private-but homosexuality is not the norm, and the
idea that I will be punished for saying otherwise is abhorrent to me.
Gays often, perhaps usually, lead miserable lives and die young. It
is not a happy lifestyle, and not because of "haters" or "homophobes"
but the nature of the "gay" community (and acts) itself. That, and not
what other people do amongst themselves, is what I despise.

lol

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

I don't despise them. I support the right of consenting adults to do
as they will in private-but homosexuality is not the norm, and the
idea that I will be punished for saying otherwise is abhorrent to me.
Gays often, perhaps usually, lead miserable lives and die young. It
is not a happy lifestyle, and not because of "haters" or "homophobes"
but the nature of the "gay" community (and acts) itself. That, and not
what other people do amongst themselves, is what I despise.

lol

Did you read that as Brattie trying to be humorous? He has a history of
awarding himself the authority to pass judgment on everybody who's not
what he calls "normal".

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

MiNe 109 said:

How much time do you spend perusing the blogosphere, anyway?

Just enough.

That's relatively flexible of you.

Surprisingly to some, very little time at DailyKos.

Really? I've heard that regular usage of DailyKos inhibits brain decay.

I'll have to pick up a bottle.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"George M. Middius" cmndr _ george @ comcast . net wrote in message

Jenn said:

I don't despise them. I support the right of consenting adults to do
as they will in private-but homosexuality is not the norm, and the
idea that I will be punished for saying otherwise is abhorrent to me.
Gays often, perhaps usually, lead miserable lives and die young. It
is not a happy lifestyle, and not because of "haters" or "homophobes"
but the nature of the "gay" community (and acts) itself. That, and not
what other people do amongst themselves, is what I despise.

lol

Did you read that as Brattie trying to be humorous? He has a history of
awarding himself the authority to pass judgment on everybody who's not
what he calls "normal".

George glimpses himself in a mirror and recoils in horror.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Yapper barked:

lol

Did you read that as Brattie trying to be humorous? He has a history of
awarding himself the authority to pass judgment on everybody who's not
what he calls "normal".

George glimpses himself in a mirror and recoils in horror.

Don't be stinting with your rage, Scooter. The world is full of people
who don't hate you (yet).

--

The Whooshdom of Witlessmongrel

On honesty:
Do you really think a bunch of lying BS is funny Bob?

On unchecked anger:
You call that a vengeance? I call it swatting flies.

On humor:
But all lying BS isn't humor Bob. It has to be funny, not lame.

On audiophilia:
Ok Bob. Since you're obviously going to lose the last little grip on reality you have ….
Being an audiophile today is to risk being branded a loony thanks to folk like you Bob.
Audio reviewers are often full of BS and clearly are unwilling to ever give a negative review.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Jul 8, 1:19 pm, George M. Middius cmndr _ george @ comcast . net
wrote:
Yapper barked:

lol
Did you read that as Brattie trying to be humorous? He has a history of
awarding himself the authority to pass judgment on everybody who's not
what he calls "normal".

George glimpses himself in a mirror and recoils in horror.

Don't be stinting with your rage, Scooter. The world is full of people
who don't hate you (yet).

George, give 2pid his due. "Normal" (anybody who is a middle-class-or-
above, heterosexual, racist, God-fearing, chickenhawk conservative
white male) is one of the few English words that he hasn't butchered
the definition of.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

Default God help Scottie Witlessmongrel

Shhhh! said:

Don't be stinting with your rage, Scooter. The world is full of people
who don't hate you (yet).

George, give 2pid his due. "Normal" (anybody who is a middle-class-or-
above, heterosexual, racist, God-fearing, chickenhawk conservative
white male) is one of the few English words that he hasn't butchered
the definition of.

Good thing Scottie isn't a grammer kop....

How does our witless friend feel about rich folks, anyway? Most of them
got rich by being smart enough to master a system. Scottie is just a
wage slave like the rest of us middle class people. With all of his
prejudices and hangups, wouldn't you expect him to be seething with rage
about economic inequities? Not as bad as Krooger, of course, but
still....

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

Really? I've heard that regular usage of DailyKos inhibits brain decay.

I'll have to pick up a bottle.

Now yer talkin. Hope you don't have to drive all the way downstate.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.