cwvalle

Default Best and Worst in search of the holy grail?

Was browsing, found a thread that was interesting - thought I would try it
he

What was the best and the worst purchase you made in the quest for hifi
nirvana?

Mine a
Best - Shure V15 IV several years ago, bent the stylus and haven't replaced
it yet. I'm using a Audio Technica Micro Line which tracks pretty well down
to 1.0gram and I don't play that much vinyl nowadays so I can't seem to wear
the tip off it...

Worst:
This is a hard call, but it has probably got to be a Pioneer PDR-509 tinny
and slow, plus the automatic track detect is useless. I could replace it i
guess but since i don't record anymore and i have a decent DVD player i
haven't seen the need.

S888Wheel

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel. along with the
Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit player.
Bruce J. Richman

cwvalle wrote:

Was browsing, found a thread that was interesting - thought I would try it
he

What was the best and the worst purchase you made in the quest for hifi
nirvana?

Mine a
Best - Shure V15 IV several years ago, bent the stylus and haven't replaced
it yet. I'm using a Audio Technica Micro Line which tracks pretty well down
to 1.0gram and I don't play that much vinyl nowadays so I can't seem to wear
the tip off it...

Worst:
This is a hard call, but it has probably got to be a Pioneer PDR-509 tinny
and slow, plus the automatic track detect is useless. I could replace it i
guess but since i don't record anymore and i have a decent DVD player i
haven't seen the need.

It's hard for me to single out a best, but it would be a tie in terms of my
purchases: (1) pair of Martin Logan CLS II full-range electrostatics - they
never cease to amaze me in terms of their coherence, transient speed, and
realistic portrayal (especially of vocals and small acoustic ensembles), and
(2) VPI Aries/JMW arm/VPI PLC electronic speed regulator/Grado Reference - an
analogue combination setup which does an admirable job of doing what it's
supposed to do.

Wost purchase: Fortunately, not too many purchases I've regretted. But
probably, either a DiscWasher kit many years ago (they really just redistribute
the dust and microscopic dirt particles more than they help) and/or a very
cheap Phillips turntable (as I recall about $ 100 or $ 150) which had horriible
build quality and didn't last very long.

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal

"cwvalle" said:

What was the best and the worst purchase you made in the quest for hifi
nirvana?

Best purchase: my current output trannies, TEAC VRDS10 SE player.
Worst purchase: AT 25S cartridge, Spectral DMA80 amp, Cambridge CD2
player.

Best sell: my inherited Philips HF309 EL84 PP tube amps, Ensemble
Reference speakers.
Worst sell: a set of near mint QUAD ESLs because they didn't fit in my
then small living room.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"cwvalle" wrote in message
[...]

Best, a pair of Radio Crafstman 500A mono tube amps
for $500, tied with used Vandersteen 4's for $1,900

worst, Dynaco SCA 80 amp

malcolm

"cwvalle" wrote in message
[...]

no mention of a subscription to a certain magazine!

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit
player.

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you still
worship.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit
player.

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you still
worship.

Oh man. I remember those things. I'd say about the same as vinyl.
Of course, within a few months, the 16 bit ones came out and the
battle was over. Electronics have a funny way of doing that

S888Wheel

I said

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit
player.

Arny said

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you still
worship.

So long as one didn't listen to it.
S888Wheel

Oh man. I remember those things. I'd say about the same as vinyl.
Of course, within a few months, the 16 bit ones came out and the
battle was over. Electronics have a funny way of doing that

It was give and take between this CD player and my Yamaha rack system turntable
with a 20 dollar Ortofon cartridge. Both are miles behind the Forsell. The 16
bit players were clearly a step in the right direction.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit
player.

Arny said

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you still
worship.

So long as one didn't listen to it.

The secret to enjoying digital is recovery from vinylism. We've got a
12-step recovery program for you to try...

S888Wheel

The secret to enjoying digital is recovery from vinylism. We've got a
12-step recovery program for you to try...

No thanks. I don't like step one; stuffing cotton in your ears to stop the
bleeding. Since I don't listen to the old 14 bit CD player my ears aren't
bleeding to begin with.
Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14 bit
player.

Arny said

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you still
worship.

So long as one didn't listen to it.

The secret to enjoying digital is recovery from vinylism. We've got a
12-step recovery program for you to try...

Wouldn't that be a 24 bit recovery program?

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

The secret to enjoying digital is recovery from vinylism. We've got a
12-step recovery program for you to try...

No thanks. I don't like step one; stuffing cotton in your ears to
stop the bleeding.

Read it here. Sockpuppet is a medical miracle whose ears start bleeding
whenever anything that has ever been recorded on digital starts playing. One
wonders how he survives the trauma of listening to radio, TV, and vinyl that
was produced digitally. Presumably he has a goodly amount of blood on hand
for the necessary transfusions.

Since I don't listen to the old 14 bit CD player
my ears aren't bleeding to begin with.

Many of use were smart enough to buy quality 16 bit CD players from the
onset. Sorry sockpuppet that you were so economically disadvantaged back in
the early 80's.

Arny Krueger

"Joseph Oberlander" wrote in message
link.net
Arny Krueger wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

Best would be the Forsell Air Reference Turntable with flywheel.
along with the Koetsu Rosewood Signature cartridge.

Worst would be my first CD player. A first generation Yamaha 14
bit player.

Arny said

It still performed at least 10 times better than that vinyl you
still worship.

So long as one didn't listen to it.

The secret to enjoying digital is recovery from vinylism. We've got a
12-step recovery program for you to try...

Wouldn't that be a 24 bit recovery program?

Acually 16 bits would do the job, but that does involve more like 65,000
steps, than 12...

Lionel

Arny Krueger a écrit :

Presumably he has a goodly amount of blood on hand for the necessary transfusions.

The blood of selected third world children. :-(

S888Wheel

Many of use were smart enough to buy quality 16 bit CD players from the
onset. Sorry sockpuppet that you were so economically disadvantaged back in
the early 80's.

I was fresh out of college. You bet I was economically disadvantaged back then.
I still had a great time though. To bad you are still economically
disadvantaged now in your old age. One expects most people straight out of
college and new to their career to be scrapping for money. You have no excuse.
You waste your life on your ass in front of your computer. Sad.

Indeed I wasn't very smart about audio at the time either. I bought Stere
Review and believed the "perfect sound forever" mantra. Unlike you, I moved on.
Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Many of use were smart enough to buy quality 16 bit CD players from
the onset. Sorry sockpuppet that you were so economically
disadvantaged back in the early 80's.

I was fresh out of college. You bet I was economically disadvantaged
back then. I still had a great time though. To bad you are still
economically disadvantaged now in your old age.

It's you sockpuppet that lives, as Art so inelegantly put it, in a cookie
cutter high volume production home,
rather than in a custom home produced by a 'boutique' builder.

One expects most
people straight out of college and new to their career to be
scrapping for money.

So you sold scrap to buy your first el-cheapo CD player?

You have no excuse. You waste your life on your
ass in front of your computer. Sad.

It is true that conversing with the likes of the sockpuppet twins is a waste
of one's life.

Indeed I wasn't very smart about audio at the time either. I bought
Stere Review and believed the "perfect sound forever" mantra. Unlike
you, I moved on.

No, you moved backwards, sockpuppets. I'd already been there and done that
for about 20 years at the time. No vinylism for me, no sir!

S888Wheel

Arny said

Many of use were smart enough to buy quality 16 bit CD players from
the onset. Sorry sockpuppet that you were so economically
disadvantaged back in the early 80's.

I said

I was fresh out of college. You bet I was economically disadvantaged
back then. I still had a great time though. To bad you are still
economically disadvantaged now in your old age.

Arny said

It's you sockpuppet that lives, as Art so inelegantly put it, in a cookie
cutter high volume production home,
rather than in a custom home produced by a 'boutique' builder.

Are you trying to say I live in a track home? Yes I do. I don't require a house
to one of a kind to be a good home. We based our decision to buy in this area
on the quality of schools first. As it happens, the vast majority of houses in
this school disterict are trck homes. So what? I wasn't the one who made an ass
out of myself trying to talk about the uniqueness of my house. Perhaps you are
trying to imply my house isn't worth very much. Want to compare values of
houses Arny? I will bet you that my house appraises for more than yours. Want
to bet?

I said

One expects most
people straight out of college and new to their career to be
scrapping for money.

Arny said

So you sold scrap to buy your first el-cheapo CD player?

Still having troubles with reading I see. Before you were having trouble with
nouns and adjectives, now you are struggling with nouns and verbs, Figures. I
don't know how to explain my post any better to someone who cannot distiguish
between nouns and verbs. Take some remedial English classes and try reading the
post again. I never sold scrap. Not that there is anything wrong with such a
job. I simply never did it.

I said

You have no excuse. You waste your life on your
ass in front of your computer. Sad.

Arny said

It is true that conversing with the likes of the sockpuppet twins is a waste
of one's life.

LOL. That is all you do. I guess you are coming to grips with the fact that you
have wasted the last seven years of your life. It amazes me how you manage to
make an ass of yourself when you are trying to belittle others.

I said

Indeed I wasn't very smart about audio at the time either. I bought
Stere Review and believed the "perfect sound forever" mantra. Unlike
you, I moved on.

Arny said

No, you moved backwards,

Wrong.

Arny said

I'd already been there and done that
for about 20 years at the time.

Wrong. When it comes to SOTA vinyl playback you have obviously never been there
or done that.

Arny said

No vinylism for me, no sir!

Nope. just sour grapes, class envy and stupidism.

Robert Morein

On 8/1/04 17:00, in article ,
"S888Wheel" wrote:

Are you trying to say I live in a track home? Yes I do.

I believe it's "tract", idiot. I can't be sure since I'm 51 and still
living in the same room I grew up in, however.

Bob

Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

this school disterict are trck homes.

??????????????????????????????????????
Keep your cool Scott and write slowly ! ;-)

S888Wheel

S888Wheel a écrit :

this school disterict are trck homes.

??????????????????????????????????????
Keep your cool Scott and write slowly ! ;-)

Maybe it is different on your keyboard but the e and the r are right next to
each other on mine. Did you fail to notice how many times my fingures did not
touch two keys at the same time accidentally? Why don't you go back and count?
It will be no more a waste of time than what you are usually doing on RAO.
Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

S888Wheel a écrit :

this school disterict are trck homes.

??????????????????????????????????????
Keep your cool Scott and write slowly ! ;-)

Maybe it is different on your keyboard but the e and the r are right next to
each other on mine. Did you fail to notice how many times my fingures did not
touch two keys at the same time accidentally? Why don't you go back and count?
It will be no more a waste of time than what you are usually doing on RAO.

What about the "a" in "trck" ?
Solution :
Imagine that keys are your wife's clitoris and use your little finger.

Lionel

Lionel a écrit :

S888Wheel a écrit :

S888Wheel a écrit :

this school disterict are trck homes.

??????????????????????????????????????
Keep your cool Scott and write slowly ! ;-)

Maybe it is different on your keyboard but the e and the r are right
next to
each other on mine. Did you fail to notice how many times my fingures
did not
touch two keys at the same time accidentally? Why don't you go back
and count?
It will be no more a waste of time than what you are usually doing on
RAO.

What about the "a" in "trck" ?
Solution :
Imagine that keys are your wife's clitoris and use your little finger.

Ooops sorry ! You should read "your little fingure" ;-)

S888Wheel

What about the "a" in "trck" ?
Solution :
Imagine that keys are your wife's clitoris and use your little finger.

This may explain why your wife has to seek pleasure elsewhere, Please tell her
to stop e mailing me. I am not interested in a woman that is attractive to a
man who has a fetish for bulldogs.
Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :
What about the "a" in "trck" ?
Solution :
Imagine that keys are your wife's clitoris and use your little finger.

This may explain why your wife has to seek pleasure elsewhere,

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????

What about tender and sweet preliminaries, are you also raping your wife
like a barbarian ? ;-)

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Are you trying to say I live in a track home?

The phrase is "tract home", fool!

Yes I do. I don't require a house to one of a kind to be a good home.

Sockpuppet wheel, I think you ought to discuss this with the other
sockpuppet twin, namely Art. The blithering idiot ranted and raved about the
mediocrity of people who live in tract homes as part of his attacks against
me, and now it evolves that both of you live in tract homes and wonder of
wonders, I don't.

We based our decision to buy in this area on the quality of schools

first.

As did I.

As it happens, the vast majority of houses in this school disterict are
trck homes.

Apparently the quality of the education system didn't extend to you
sockpuppet, because you either can't spell, or don't know common idiomatic
expressions or both. If you have won awards, what were they for - public
illiteracy?

So what? I wasn't the one who made an ass out of myself
trying to talk about the uniqueness of my house.

What do you mean sockpuppet? Are you trying to obfuscate that this
initiative blew up in both of your faces? Art is again a proven liar, and
your attempts to show that I have class envy has been completely shot to
pieces.

I see it now. Art and Scott have been condemned to a life of mediocrity
including mediocre educations, mediocre life in cookie-cutter tract homes,
mediocre jobs, and even mediocre Usenet experiences as Middius dupes. Among
them they have only two claims to any kind of uniqueness, which are tubism
and vinylism. Of course RAO is full of tubist and vinylist trolls, but being
the true intellectual lemmings that you are, you plunged in anyhow.

Perhaps you are
trying to imply my house isn't worth very much. Want to compare
values of houses Arny? I will bet you that my house appraises for
more than yours. Want to bet?

Hey, sue me for living in a place where quality housing doesn't cost an arm
and a leg because we have lots of good land at out disposal, and plenty of
fresh water. It's an open question what homes in southern California are
going to be worth if your ability to steal fresh water from states that
actually have some is put to an end.

I said

One expects most
people straight out of college and new to their career to be
scrapping for money.

Arny said

So you sold scrap to buy your first el-cheapo CD player?

Still having troubles with reading I see.

No, just having fun at your expense, oh haughty illiterate one.

Before you were having
trouble with nouns and adjectives, now you are struggling with nouns
and verbs, Figures. I don't know how to explain my post any better to
someone who cannot distiguish between nouns and verbs. Take some
remedial English classes and try reading the post again. I never sold
scrap. Not that there is anything wrong with such a job. I simply
never did it.

Come on sockpuppet, you clearly wrote "scrapping for money". How dumb can
you get?

I said

You have no excuse. You waste your life on your
ass in front of your computer. Sad.

Arny said

It is true that conversing with the likes of the sockpuppet twins is
a waste of one's life.

LOL. That is all you do.

Which is of course a lie.

I guess you are coming to grips with the
fact that you have wasted the last seven years of your life. It
amazes me how you manage to make an ass of yourself when you are
trying to belittle others.

It's not fault you are so ignorant and post so illiterately, sockpuppet.
You're just a mediocre tubism and vinylism dupe with no name you are product
of, no education that you care to mention, no job that you want to be
identified with, no family you are proud enough to mention, living in a
mediocre tract home, living a robotic, mediocre life. Just about every
accusation you've leveled at me in the past year is in fact the story of
your life.

I said

Indeed I wasn't very smart about audio at the time either. I bought
Stere Review and believed the "perfect sound forever" mantra. Unlike
you, I moved on.

Arny said

No, you moved backwards,

Wrong.

Arny said

I'd already been there and done that
for about 20 years at the time.

Wrong. When it comes to SOTA vinyl playback you have obviously never
been there or done that.

Prove it while showing even a modicum of technical competence, sockpuppet
Name-dropping and other status-seeking and social-climbing approaches not
allowed.

Arny said

No vinylism for me, no sir!

Nope. just sour grapes, class envy and stupidism.

I ask again, why should I be envious of someone that is so conspicuously a
member of a lower social class, as demonstrated by the fact that by your own
admission, you live in a cookie-cutter mass-produced tract house?

This is obviously just the tip of the iceberg of the mediocrity of your
life, sockpuppet. Your only known mitigation for the crushing mediocrity of
your life is your worship of vinylism and tubism. This is s why you cling to
them so tightly.

I been there and done that and moved on decades ago, as did just about
everybody else with a brain.

I'm perfectly willing to have reasonable conversations with people of any
social class sockpuppet. Regrettably sockpuppet you've made an issue of
social class in our discussions. Unfortunately by your own admission, you
are technically, socially and economically inferior to me. You brag about
suing me for $10,000s because of your class envy, pure and simple.

Arny Krueger

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Correction:

It's not my fault you are so ignorant and post so illiterately,
sockpuppet wheel. You're just a mediocre tubism and vinylism dupe with no
name you are proud of, no education that you care to mention, no
job that you want to be identified with, no family you are proud
enough to describe, huddled in a mediocre tract home, living a robotic,
mediocre life. Just about every accusation you've leveled at me in
the past year is in fact, the story of your life.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Are you trying to say I live in a track home?

The phrase is "tract home", fool!

Yes I do. I don't require a house to one of a kind to be a good home.

Sockpuppet wheel, I think you ought to discuss this with the other
sockpuppet twin, namely Art. The blithering idiot ranted and raved about

the
mediocrity of people who live in tract homes as part of his attacks

against
me, and now it evolves that both of you live in tract homes and wonder of
wonders, I don't.

No, that is not what I said. I was talking about preferences. And I never
railed against the mediocrity of people who live in tract homes.
Either you stupidly misunderstood, or you baltantly lie and misrepresent
my statements.

Please, tell us again about your uniquely decrepid POS house.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Nice metaphor. Now that the facts of his social and economic mediocrity

are
known, sockpuppet wheel has metaphorically become my dog. He is a lower
class creature that I can pull around the room by his chain, which is made
up of his class envy.

I can't wait till he ****s on your couch the minute you
turn your head! Bad dog, Scottie!

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Correction:

It's not my fault you are so ignorant and post so illiterately,
sockpuppet wheel. You're just a mediocre tubism and vinylism dupe with no
name you are proud of, no education that you care to mention, no
job that you want to be identified with, no family you are proud
enough to describe, huddled in a mediocre tract home, living a robotic,
mediocre life. Just about every accusation you've leveled at me in
the past year is in fact, the story of your life.

This, coming form Arny, with a collection of obsolete sound cards
costing tens of thousands of dollars, a mulritude of cheap graphic
equalizers,
degree form a third rate school, unemployed, a wife and chils whom he has
grossly insulted on Usenet, supported by his wife's income, living in
a POS house in decrepid condition, and hated and reviled in all circles
he inhabits.

George M. Middius

Sockpuppet Yustabe said:

This, coming form Arny, with a collection of obsolete sound cards
costing tens of thousands of dollars, a mulritude of cheap graphic
equalizers, degree form a third rate school, unemployed, a wife and chils whom he has
grossly insulted on Usenet, supported by his wife's income, living in
a POS house in decrepid condition, and hated and reviled in all circles
he inhabits.

Don't forget that Krooger is 96% pure feces.

Marc Phillips

Arny said:

It's an open question what homes in southern California are
going to be worth if your ability to steal fresh water from states that
actually have some is put to an end.

Southern California gets their water from primarily three sources...rain, the
Feather River in Northern California, and the Colorado River, which forms the
border between Arizona and California. So tell me...what other states are we
stealing from again?

Boon

Marc Phillips

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

Are you trying to say I live in a track home?

The phrase is "tract home", fool!

Yes I do. I don't require a house to one of a kind to be a good home.

Sockpuppet wheel, I think you ought to discuss this with the other
sockpuppet twin, namely Art. The blithering idiot ranted and raved about

the
mediocrity of people who live in tract homes as part of his attacks

against
me, and now it evolves that both of you live in tract homes and wonder of
wonders, I don't.

No, that is not what I said. I was talking about preferences. And I never
railed against the mediocrity of people who live in tract homes.
Either you stupidly misunderstood, or you baltantly lie and misrepresent
my statements.

Please, tell us again about your uniquely decrepid POS house.

Well, Arny lives in a tract neighborhood, but his house doesn't look anything
like the other homes, which are neat yet modest brick pillboxes. Arny's house
is different because it was there before the others were built (it is also the
first house right off of one of the busiest streets in the Detroit area, Mack
Ave.). It has a weird, almost patched together look, and although it is bigger
than the surrounding tract homes, it looks cheaper. And the yard is unkempt.

Arny's house is not the ****box we were all expecting, but Scott Wheeler and I,
who both own 50s-style tract homes in the San Fernando Valley, could each sell
our homes and buy two of Arny's. In fact, my neighbor from two doors down just
sold his house for $100,000 more than I paid for mine just last March, and I
have an addition that he lacks.

As anyone who knows anything about real estate will tell you, it's location,
location, location. And Arny chooses to live in Michigan, which frankly I find
to be a dreary ******** full of idiots.

Boon
Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

People like to be with their own kind.

S888Wheel

Now that the facts of his social and economic mediocrity are
known, sockpuppet wheel has metaphorically become my dog.

That is a weird fantasy. If they are known Arny tell everyone some actual
meaningful facts about my ecenomic status and social status Arny? You are a
lying sack of **** who can't handle the truth.

Arny said

He is a lower
class creature that I can pull around the room by his chain,

This doesn't even make sense. Are you having sick fanatsies of bondage? If so
leave me out!

Arny said

which is made
up of his class envy.

Predictable Krueger behavior. He's been nailed for his class envy so he starts
parroting the claim. Pathetic lack of originality noted.

S888Wheel

I can't wait till he ****s on your couch the minute you
turn your head! Bad dog, Scottie!

As if I would ever go to Arny's house. I certainly wont go anywhere near it now
that Arny has been talking about leading people by a chain there. Sounds like a
creepy perverted fantasy to me.
S888Wheel

I said

Are you trying to say I live in a track home?

Arny said

The phrase is "tract home", fool!

So I hear. Have you figured out how to spell "characture" yet? Hypocrite.

I said

Yes I do. I don't require a house to one of a kind to be a good home.

Arny said

Sockpuppet wheel, I think you ought to discuss this with the other
sockpuppet twin, namely Art. The blithering idiot ranted and raved about the
mediocrity of people who live in tract homes as part of his attacks against
me, and now it evolves that both of you live in tract homes and wonder of
wonders, I don't.

You still haven't figured out that Art simply played you for the fool you are.
You are amazingly stupid. This is what happens when you run around parroting
people when you don't know you are being mocked.

I said

We based our decision to buy in this area on the quality of schools

first.

Arny said

As did I.

Yeah but you went on a rant about cookie cutter homes like an idiot after Art
played you for the fool. I never said anything one way or another about houses
dip****.

I said

As it happens, the vast majority of houses in this school disterict are
trck homes.

Arny said

Apparently the quality of the education system didn't extend to you
sockpuppet, because you either can't spell, or don't know common idiomatic
expressions or both.

I have said that my spelling stinks. At least I have the self-awarness to
realize that. You don't. Your spelling is quite pathetic and you attack others
for their spelling. That makes you a hypocrite. Tell us about your quality
education from a third rate college that doesn't teach the difference between
speed and velocity in it's physics classes.

Arny said

If you have won awards, what were they for - public
illiteracy?

If I told you, you wouldn't believe me. But thatnks for parading your hypocricy
on the subject of literacy. You remain quite a "characture."

I said

So what? I wasn't the one who made an ass out of myself
trying to talk about the uniqueness of my house.

Arny said

What do you mean sockpuppet?

It was a simple statement Arny. Your lack of reading comprehension is, once
again, noted.

Arny said

Are you trying to obfuscate that this
initiative blew up in both of your faces? Art is again a proven liar, and
your attempts to show that I have class envy has been completely shot to
pieces.

That's a joke. Tell us about your mystery speakers again Arny. You know, the
ones you made up when you realized your system was outclassed. You forget that
you were the one stunned by the idea of 78,000 dollars anual income.

Arny said

I see it now. Art and Scott have been condemned to a life of mediocrity

You see a lot of bizare nonexistant things in your twisted fantasy world Arny.
Why should this fantasy be any different?

Arny said

including mediocre educations,

Interesting claim coming from a guy who went to a third rate college.

Arny said

mediocre life

The classic Krueger sociopathic fantasy. Obvious symptom of bitterness that
comes from a life of chronic underahievement.

Arny said

in cookie-cutter tract homes,

Arny lacks the self-awarness to see his own hypocricy in his parrot like
behavior.

Arny said

mediocre jobs,

Another fantasy. Funny that it comes from a guy who hasn't got a job.

Arny said

and even mediocre Usenet experiences as Middius dupes. Among
them they have only two claims to any kind of uniqueness, which are tubism
and vinylism.

You have been reduced to babbling again. I guess your class envy has driven you
to this pathetic state.

I said

Perhaps you are
trying to imply my house isn't worth very much. Want to compare
values of houses Arny? I will bet you that my house appraises for
more than yours. Want to bet?

Arny said

Hey, sue me for living in a place where quality housing doesn't cost an arm
and a leg because we have lots of good land at out disposal, and plenty of
fresh water.

LOL guess you don't want to talk about it. One plate of sour grapes with a side
of class envy served up by Arny Krueger.

Arny said

It's an open question what homes in southern California are
going to be worth if your ability to steal fresh water from states that
actually have some is put to an end.

There is no question you don't want to take the bet though. LOL

I said

One expects most
people straight out of college and new to their career to be
scrapping for money.

Arny said

So you sold scrap to buy your first el-cheapo CD player?

I said

Still having troubles with reading I see.

Arny said

No, just having fun at your expense, oh haughty illiterate one.

No you are having fun at your own expense. Talk about illiteracy. I guess you
never heard the word scrap used as a verb. You are such a dip**** when it comes
to literacy. You only make a fool out of yourself when you make it an issue.
Maybe you blocked this usage because the last time you got into a scrap you got
your ass kicked, literally.

I said

Before you were having
trouble with nouns and adjectives, now you are struggling with nouns
and verbs, Figures. I don't know how to explain my post any better to
someone who cannot distiguish between nouns and verbs. Take some
remedial English classes and try reading the post again. I never sold
scrap. Not that there is anything wrong with such a job. I simply
never did it.

Arny said

Come on sockpuppet, you clearly wrote "scrapping for money".

Yes I did and you didn't understand the use a simple verb.
y: [4]scrap
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): scrapped; scrap·ping
Date: circa 1895
: QUARREL, FIGHT

Yes I fought, figuritively, to make money early on. You are amazingly stupid
and a "characture" as well. Talk about serious problems with literacy. What was
that college you went to?

Arny said

How dumb can
you get?

What is it you like to say about irony?

I said

You have no excuse. You waste your life on your
ass in front of your computer. Sad.

Arny said

It is true that conversing with the likes of the sockpuppet twins is
a waste of one's life.

I said

LOL. That is all you do.

Arny said

Which is of course a lie.

Google records ay otherwise to the tune of 90,000 plus posts so I hear. But you
say Google lies don't you? Looser.

I said

I guess you are coming to grips with the
fact that you have wasted the last seven years of your life. It
amazes me how you manage to make an ass of yourself when you are
trying to belittle others.

Arny said

It's not fault you are so ignorant and post so illiterately, sockpuppet

Talk about lethal irony. LOL. Nothng better than an illitrate attack on another
person's literacy.

Arny said

You're just a mediocre tubism and vinylism dupe with no name you are product
of, no education that you care to mention, no job that you want to be
identified with, no family you are proud enough to mention, living in a
mediocre tract home, living a robotic, mediocre life. Just about every
accusation you've leveled at me in the past year is in fact the story of
your life.

Thanks for raising the bar on illiteracy Arny. Let's see you diagram this
ridiculous sentence of yours. LOL. It's hard to say what is more pathetic in
this claim, your hypocritical illiteracy or your twisted sociopathic lies. they
add up to a very sad statement about yourself Arny.

I said

Indeed I wasn't very smart about audio at the time either. I bought
Stere Review and believed the "perfect sound forever" mantra. Unlike
you, I moved on.

Arny said

No, you moved backwards,

I said

Wrong.

Arny said

I'd already been there and done that
for about 20 years at the time.

I said

Wrong. When it comes to SOTA vinyl playback you have obviously never
been there or done that.

Arny said

Prove it while showing even a modicum of technical competence, sockpuppet

You forgot the period at the end of the sentence, again, Dip**** hypocrite.
There is nothing to prove arny. You have told us what your vinyl playback is
and has been in the past. It's common audiophile knowledge that none of it is
or ever was SOTA or anything near SOTA. Duh.

Arny said

Name-dropping and other status-seeking and social-climbing approaches not
allowed.

More class envy comming through. This time in a rather irrational form though.
Obviously you have nothing to name drop Arny so why make such a rule?

Arny said

No vinylism for me, no sir!

I said

Nope. just sour grapes, class envy and stupidism.

Arny said

I ask again, why should I be envious of someone that is so conspicuously a
member of a lower social class, as demonstrated by the fact that by your own
admission, you live in a cookie-cutter mass-produced tract house?

LOL you aske a question based on a premise that is a fanatsy. You obviously
didn't want to compare home values. Your claim that my home is a cookie cutter
mass produced tract house is just another fine example of your class envy. Do
you think you could afford to buy my house? If you can't afford it you attack
it. typical symptoms of class envy. You remain ever so transparent and
laughable.

Arny said

This is obviously just the tip of the iceberg of the mediocrity of your
life, sockpuppet. Your only known mitigation for the crushing mediocrity of
your life is your worship of vinylism and tubism. This is s why you cling to
them so tightly.

You really don't realize what a fool you make of yourself when you parrot
others do you?

Arny said

I'm perfectly willing to have reasonable conversations with people of any
social class sockpuppet.

Liar.

Regrettably sockpuppet you've made an issue of
social class in our discussions.

Actually you started this nonsense. I just called you on your hypocricy.

Arny said

Unfortunately by your own admission, you
are technically, socially and economically inferior to me.

Pure fantasy. Making things up like this is IMO an obvious symptom of genuine
class envy. The sticker shock of a anual income of 78,000 dollars was an
obvious give away. making up some mystery speakers when you realized your
system was outclassed was the real topper.

Arny said

You brag about
suing me for $10,000s because of your class envy, pure and simple.

You can't even get the simplest of facts right.