Chung

Default old amp test article

Found this link to a scanned magazine article in another forum:

http://www.touristfilms.com/images/Amp_Sound.pdf

This appears to be a very old article. You are welcome to draw your own
conclusions. One thing I found interesting is that the comments on the
$12K amp are very similar to what some audiophiles say about SACD
(compared to CD's in particular). The overall ratio of right answers
also is amazing: 388/772. 386/772 is *exactly* 50%.

Chung wrote:
Found this link to a scanned magazine article in another forum:

http://www.touristfilms.com/images/Amp_Sound.pdf

This appears to be a very old article. You are welcome to draw your own
conclusions. One thing I found interesting is that the comments on the
$12K amp are very similar to what some audiophiles say about SACD
(compared to CD's in particular). The overall ratio of right answers
also is amazing: 388/772. 386/772 is *exactly* 50%.

here are a few things that caught my eye.

"The test sessions themselves involved anywhere from one to eight
listeners at a time."

"The program material was highly varied"

"Practically all the listeners, including skeptics, felt at this point
there *were* audible differences-some with satisfaction, some with
amazement."

"to save time the cable swap tests required only five choices"

When one looks at what was tested all I can say is there were an awful
lot of unneeded variables. I wonder what skeptics thought when they
were amazed to hear differences during the casual listening?

Scott Wheeler

ALL amps are equal?? Pug Fugley Car Audio 60 August 17th 04 03:33 AM
Yet another DBT post Andrew Korsh High End Audio 205 February 29th 04 07:36 PM
audio coax cable JYC High End Audio 239 January 18th 04 09:12 PM
Mechanic blames amplifier for alternator failing?? Help>>>>>>>>>>> SHRED© Car Audio 57 December 13th 03 11:24 AM
Why DBTs in audio do not deliver (was: Finally ... The Furutech CD-do-something) Bob Marcus High End Audio 313 September 9th 03 01:17 AM