Jason

Default Installation of door midrange

I have Jaycar Response 6.5" front door splits.

To ensure the window misses the driver in the door I'm using a 1"
spacer. The driver is screwed to the spacer and the spacer screwed to
the door trim.

I have a cup shaped insert made from sheet plastic which is siliconed
to the speaker hole in the door metal. This is to ensure the speaker
does not get wet.

Currently the door trim is only clipped to the metal of the door. Also,
there is a space (5mm-10mm) between the door trim and the metal of the
door.

Should I make a more solid connection of the driver to the door metal?

Perhaps using some long screws to mount the driver to the spacer,
through the door trim, through another spacer, and into the door metal?

Cheers.

DECENT head unit installation kit ? steve Car Audio 5 January 2nd 05 11:26 PM
LCD Screen installation Matt Warnock Car Audio 3 June 30th 04 01:47 AM
fixed my installation MZ Car Audio 6 March 26th 04 09:18 AM
frequency of Best Buy free installation deal ? flicker Car Audio 24 March 3rd 04 04:28 PM
Lanzar Vibe 230 power amp installation Predestin8 Car Audio 0 January 13th 04 11:42 PM