Poor Lost Soul

Default Idle ponderment...

I realize that most of the discussion here is on the higher end stuff,
but I have to ask anyways. If you had only these two choices, which
would you go with: Jensen or Pioneer?

Marc
Mark Zarella

I realize that most of the discussion here is on the higher end stuff,
but I have to ask anyways. If you had only these two choices, which
would you go with: Jensen or Pioneer?

Pioneer makes very very nice things. Jensen...well, not quite.

Poor Lost Soul

I could build an out-of-this-world system using nothing but Jensen.

And, because I'm curious, just what parts would you use? Reciever,
two 4 inchers, and two 6x9's.

Sam Carleton

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 at 06:07 GMT, SmilingSinner wrote:

I could build an out-of-this-world system using nothing but
Jensen.

Out-of-this-world-system with only Jensen? Please, oh, please
enlighten all of us! I don't think I am the only one that would
love to know how to build a out-of-this-world-system with one of the
lowest costing set of components! Please enlighten all of us!

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
Sam Carleton

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 at 02:39 GMT, Soundfreak03 wrote:

I think what you newbies dont realize is that the Installation
plays a MAJOR role in the overall performance of any system. You
can have the best gear around and if you install it wrong it will
sound like CRAP. Take a 15" pair of brand new Kicker Solos power
them with a brand new Kicker amp BUT throw them in the back seat
without a box and they will be crap. Now I will take my one used
Radio Shack ten with a Radio shack amp BUT put it in the proper
box and it will SOUND BETTER.
Installation is incredibly important!!!!!!!!
Gimmicks are not.

Les,

I will not disagree with you that a top end sub sitting in a back
seat outside of a box is going to sound like crap compared to a
cheap sub in the right enclosure, but put that top end sub in the
right enclosure with a powerful enough amp and then compare them.

Now I was dead serious when I state that I want to know how to make
a Jensen system sound out-of-this-word. WITH THE CORRECT
INTALLATION, if I can get a Jensen system to sound as good as the
system I intend to build (Alpine HU, JL Audio / series amps, and
Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers), I want to know how!!!! I do
very much like the idea of saving $1000+ to spend in other ways!!!!!

I am not joking, I am 100% serious, if I can save myself a load of
money and have the quality I want, I am all for it!

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
make this engine more powerful global resource.
http://www.miltonstreet.com/scarleton/links/
Soundfreak03

Now I was dead serious when I state that I want to know how to make
a Jensen system sound out-of-this-word. WITH THE CORRECT
INTALLATION, if I can get a Jensen system to sound as good as the
system I intend to build (Alpine HU, JL Audio / series amps, and
Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers), I want to know how!!!! I do
very much like the idea of saving $1000+ to spend in other ways!!!!!

I am not joking, I am 100% serious, if I can save myself a load of
money and have the quality I want, I am all for it!

Well you really cant. Thats what my example shows. I think the point that was
being made was that an experienced installer can build a better sounding system
out of cheap gear than an inexperiened guy with the best gear. Unfortunately in
most situations, with the installation skills being equal, better gear usually
means better sound.

Les

Mark Zarella

Les,

I will not disagree with you that a top end sub sitting in a back
seat outside of a box is going to sound like crap compared to a
cheap sub in the right enclosure, but put that top end sub in the
right enclosure with a powerful enough amp and then compare them.

If they're both operating in their linear regions, they probably won't sound
very different at all.

Now I was dead serious when I state that I want to know how to make
a Jensen system sound out-of-this-word. WITH THE CORRECT
INTALLATION, if I can get a Jensen system to sound as good as the
system I intend to build (Alpine HU, JL Audio / series amps, and
Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers), I want to know how!!!! I do
very much like the idea of saving $1000+ to spend in other ways!!!!!

Install it correctly. You need to be more specific with your question.

Mark Zarella

I could build an out-of-this-world system using nothing but Jensen.

And, because I'm curious, just what parts would you use? Reciever,
two 4 inchers, and two 6x9's.

Components, amplifiers, stereo.

SmilingSinner

He's full of **** no system he makes and installs with all jenson is going
to sound as good as my alpine hu boston and polk speakers jlw3 subs in a jl
box jl 300/4 amp and precision power pc1600amp which are installed properly.

"Sam Carleton" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 at 06:07 GMT, SmilingSinner wrote:

I could build an out-of-this-world system using nothing but
Jensen.

Out-of-this-world-system with only Jensen? Please, oh, please
enlighten all of us! I don't think I am the only one that would
love to know how to build a out-of-this-world-system with one of the
lowest costing set of components! Please enlighten all of us!

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
make this engine more powerful global resource.
http://www.miltonstreet.com/scarleton/links/

SmilingSinner

I think what you newbies dont realize is that the
Installation plays a MAJOR
role in the overall performance of any system. You can have the best gear
around and if you install it wrong it will sound like CRAP.
Take a 15" pair of brand new Kicker Solos power them with a brand new Kicker
amp BUT throw them in the back seat without a box and they will be crap
NO **** Even this newbie and I bet most know that
What do you think we'll just wire it all together and throw it in the trunk?
And the things that are beyond me I go to other people with experiance and
pro's for.

Installation is incredibly important!!!!!!!!
Gimmicks are not.
High quality products=gimmicks how?

This is the vain attempt of old timers to make people new at this feel lower
than them and that they are so superior at installs that they can have
better than realistic systems with they're macguyver skills and inferioir
equipment

"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
[...]

Mark Zarella

This is the vain attempt of old timers to make people new at this feel
lower
than them and that they are so superior at installs that they can have
better than realistic systems with they're macguyver skills and inferioir
equipment

Explain to me how the equipment is "inferior".

Mark Zarella

He's full of **** no system he makes and installs with all jenson is going
to sound as good as my alpine hu boston

Probably better. Boston speakers are much too shrill for my liking.

and polk speakers

Which ones?

jlw3 subs in a jl
box

The name on the box means squat.

jl 300/4 amp

An amp which, by the way, has a measurably higher distortion content than
every other class AB amp I know of, including Jensen (however, the THD
levels are inaudible for all of these amps).

and precision power pc1600amp which are installed properly.

How would you know?

SmilingSinner

I have listened to jenson and kraco as I have boston and polk, If there were
no difference I'd save some money. I don't have to be able to scientifically
explain the makeup differences to hear them.
Just like the olympus speakers at radio shack will not hold up in comparison
to my definitave technology bp 10's or klipsch heresies which were made with
care and quality instead of regard for cheapest input goods for low resale
price and lightweight shipping costs. say what you want but there is no
comparison in sound quality, durability etc... Why do you think no one is
out seeking vintage jensons?
"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
This is the vain attempt of old timers to make people new at this feel

lower
than them and that they are so superior at installs that they can have
better than realistic systems with they're macguyver skills and

inferioir
equipment

Explain to me how the equipment is "inferior".

SmilingSinner

"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote in message
He's full of **** no system he makes and installs with all jenson is

going
to sound as good as my alpine hu boston

Probably better. Boston speakers are much too shrill for my liking.

Yes all bostons across the board are shrill. Maybe you should take some time
off from the occult mysteries of install to tune your system.

jlw3 subs in a jl
box

The name on the box means squat.

correct however jl happens to make good boxes for they're own subs.

jl 300/4 amp

An amp which, by the way, has a measurably higher distortion content than
every other class AB amp I know of, including Jensen (however, the THD
levels are inaudible for all of these amps).

Nice tech talk but the amp kicks ass in actual use

and precision power pc1600amp which are installed properly.

How would you know?

Because I took the time to go to forums for help sought freinds and
professionals help and opinions and then had people who had systems I like
and have similiar taste with help me and install it you word belabouring
technical jabbering, know it all.

Mark Zarella

I have listened to jenson and kraco as I have boston and polk, If there
were
no difference I'd save some money. I don't have to be able to

scientifically
explain the makeup differences to hear them.

What kind of equipment are you talking about? Speakers? Amplifiers? Head
units? Processors? What aspects specifically did you think was inferior?

Just like the olympus speakers at radio shack will not hold up in

comparison
to my definitave technology bp 10's or klipsch heresies

There are some that may think otherwise, just as some people think MB Quart
speakers are the best things since sliced bread whereas others think they
are the worst things they've ever heard - and plenty of people in between.

which were made with
care and quality instead of regard for cheapest input goods for low resale
price and lightweight shipping costs.

That's an assumption that I'm not entirely sure you can make.

say what you want but there is no
comparison in sound quality, durability etc... Why do you think no one is
out seeking vintage jensons?

Actually, many people do. Back "in the day", Jensen was one of the pioneers
of commercial audio equipment as we know it today. Many considered it "high
end" back then, and rightly so - at least by old technology's standards,
which by the way has not changed incredibly significantly.

Mark Zarella

Probably better. Boston speakers are much too shrill for my liking.
Yes all bostons across the board are shrill. Maybe you should take some

time
off from the occult mysteries of install to tune your system.

Been there done that. Probably before you ever even heard of Boston. And
yes, I've yet to find a set of Boston speakers made within the past 10 years
that I particularly liked.

jlw3 subs in a jl
box

The name on the box means squat.

correct however jl happens to make good boxes for they're own subs.

Depends what you mean by "good box". Are they solid enough? Sure.

jl 300/4 amp

An amp which, by the way, has a measurably higher distortion content

than
every other class AB amp I know of, including Jensen (however, the THD
levels are inaudible for all of these amps).

Nice tech talk but the amp kicks ass in actual use

Watt for watt, it's waaay overpriced. Its crossover controls are nice
though.

and precision power pc1600amp which are installed properly.

How would you know?

Because I took the time to go to forums for help sought freinds and
professionals help and opinions and then had people who had systems I like
and have similiar taste with help me and install it you word belabouring
technical jabbering, know it all.

In other words, you admittedly know nothing because you have no experience,
so you went by whatever information you found from self-proclaimed
professionals. "Jensen sucks. Why? Because someone in a car audio form
told me."

Most humans are inquisitive creatures. They like to know WHY something
behaves as it does. You, on the other hand, are perfectly content with
believing whatever suits what you WANT to hear. You don't see anything
wrong with that? You never bothered to ask these so-called "professionals"
WHY they've come to the conclusion that they've come to so that you can make
your OWN choices rather than simply regurgitate someone else's?

SmilingSinner

You never bothered to ask these so-called "professionals"
WHY they've come to the conclusion that they've come to so that you can make
your OWN choices rather than simply regurgitate someone else's?

Yet another false assertion from mark

[...]

Mark Zarella

You never bothered to ask these so-called "professionals"
WHY they've come to the conclusion that they've come to so that you can

make
your OWN choices rather than simply regurgitate someone else's?

Yet another false assertion from mark

So why didn't you bother to explain the "why" when you replied? I'm dying
to know.

Soundfreak03

This is the vain attempt of old timers to make people new at this feel lower
than them and that they are so superior at installs that they can have
better than realistic systems with they're macguyver skills and inferioir
equipment

No its a very real and obviously working attempt to show how much of a newbie
you are. You couldnt design much less install a competition system on your own,
which I have done more times than I can remember. They are not better than
realistic, noone ever said that dumbass. BUT an experienced installer can build
a better sounding system with "inferior" gear than you could with all of your
good gear.
That is just a fact. That is the whole point I am making. You just cant grasp
the concept, its ok maybe one day you will actually learn something rather than
just trying to argue.

Les

Soundfreak03

NO **** Even this newbie and I bet most know that
What do you think we'll just wire it all together and throw it in the trunk?

You? Probably. But the example is hyperbole, to make the point clear. Your
newbie ass just cant get it.

And the things that are beyond me I go to other people with experiance and
pro's for.

Well then shut up and listen. I am suprised you even post at all since almost
every little concept is over your heard.

High quality products=gimmicks how?

I didnt say that high quality=gimmicks now did I? You made that up.
Gimmicks as in, well anything Bose says, Monster Cable, Capacitors, High dollar
interconnects, Expensive speaker wire etc.

Les
SmilingSinner

When I was your age we used to carry our stereos six miles uphill and wire
them in with coat hangers and bubblegum and they sounded better than
anything you young-uns can conjur up with your newfangled brand names and
such nonsense!
[...]

SmilingSinner

Why would I listen to a couple condescending old fossils who sit around
being exclusive and insulting rather than inclusive and helpful?
And why are all you guys so interested in my newbie ass? they have forums
for people with your taste for fresh male asses I'm here about stereo's-
and to argue with jerks
[...]

Mark Zarella

Why would I listen to a couple condescending old fossils

I'm probably not a whole lot older than you are...well, in terms of
chronology at least.

who sit around
being exclusive and insulting rather than inclusive and helpful?

Review the evolution of this thread and then tell me who was being insulting
snd who was being helpful.

And why are all you guys so interested in my newbie ass? they have forums
for people with your taste for fresh male asses I'm here about stereo's-
and to argue with jerks

Then sit back and learn something. If you have an argument to make, please
don't say "you're wrong because someone told me differently." Introduce
your own experience, not hearsay. And if you don't understand someone's
explanation, ask for clarification. Don't go on the attack. Until you
learn these simple common usenet procedures, don't expect many people to
listen to you.

Soundfreak03

Why would I listen to a couple condescending old fossils who sit around
being exclusive and insulting rather than inclusive and helpful?

I have helped many people here, you on the other hand are just a dumbass. And I
am still in my 20s But when I was a 15 year old kid like you I shut and
listened and actually learned something.

And why are all you guys so interested in my newbie ass? they have forums
for people with your taste for fresh male asses I'm here about stereo's-
and to argue with jerks

Is that the best you can come up with. Awww the newbie couldnt come up with any
counter arguments to what I say so you resort to the usuall "I dont know what
the hell I am talking about so I let everyone know my obsession with male ass"
technique. Heard it before newbie, you are no different than all the other
ignorant trolls.

Les

SmilingSinner

**** you
"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
well you fit in well with them you contankerous young *******

What, are you upset that someone several years younger than you is FAR

more
experienced and advanced in this field than you?
You know from your posts I would have placed you at around 15, No kidding,

not
being insulting, but from your posts I would have thought "Young teenage

punk"

I may be younger than you but you come to this group to either
A) Help other car audio enthusiasts
B) Learn from those more experienced
C) Troll

You do not help anyone, nor do you listen to the advice and knowledge of

those
who are OBVIOUSLY more experienced so by elimination you must be C) Here

troll.
So either attempt to do A or B or just quit posting.

Les