Recording Bit and Sample Rates

Old September 15th 05, 03:09 AM
Arny Krueger

"[email protected]" > wrote in
message
> "Arny Krueger" > wrote in message
>>> the process.

>> Oh, and I mix at 32/44.

> Make up your mnid - 32Khz or 44KHz !!! ;-)

I'm probably among the few who have done much work at 32 KHz
this millenium. ;-)

Old September 15th 05, 03:28 AM
Chris Cavell

I've been doing everything at 24/96 lately...but 99% of my work is
mastering, so that little one percent doesn't amount to a whole lot.
The bulk of what I receive for mastering is 24/44 follwed by a close
second place with 24/48...but 96 is slowly becoming more common...I've
only gotten one project at 88.2...which doesn't surprise me.

Old September 15th 05, 03:52 AM
Danny Taddei

24/44 - it works for me

Old September 15th 05, 04:18 AM
RD Jones

[email protected] wrote:

> "Arny Krueger" > wrote in message news:zumdndJHM_ZLqrXeRVn-
> >> the process.

> > Oh, and I mix at 32/44.

> Make up your mnid - 32Khz or 44KHz !!! ;-)

OK ... I'll bite.

What IS the correct syntax for expressing
bit depth and sampling rate ?
I would have thought that "kHz/bits" was correct
but I see that most answers in this thread are
in "bits/kHz"

rd

Old September 15th 05, 09:05 PM
Timo Haanpää

Here in Oregon kirjoitti:
> Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
> recording with?

44.1/24.

Timo
Old September 15th 05, 11:10 PM

"RD Jones" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> "Arny Krueger" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Oh, and I mix at 32/44.

>> Make up your mnid - 32Khz or 44KHz !!! ;-)

> OK ... I'll bite.
>
> What IS the correct syntax for expressing
> bit depth and sampling rate ?
> I would have thought that "kHz/bits" was correct
> but I see that most answers in this thread are
> in "bits/kHz"

There is no standard. Except the 'odd' 32 and 24 KHz sample rates, there
really is not much chance of confusion.

Old September 16th 05, 03:28 AM
Les Cargill

Here in Oregon wrote:

> Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
> recording with?
>
> I'm just real curious what MOST people in this newsgroup are using with
> all of these converters coming out coupled with the power of the new
> computers and speed of the new hard drives.
>
> 24/44, 24/48, 24/96 16/22

44.1/16, because I have a several devices that
output that format digitally.

--
Les Cargill
Old September 16th 05, 08:49 PM
Here in Oregon

Here in Oregon wrote:
> Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
> recording with?
>
> I'm just real curious what MOST people in this newsgroup are using with
> all of these converters coming out coupled with the power of the new
> computers and speed of the new hard drives.
>
> 24/44, 24/48, 24/96 16/22

Thanks for your input JP, Dave, Agent 86, Geoff, Mark, Scott, Paul,
Mike, Arny, Eric, Chris, RD, Fletch, Carey, David, Bob, Jonny, Danny,
Timo, and Les.

The consensus out of roughly twenty respondents....

11 are using 24/44.1
3 are using 16/44.1
3 are using 24/96
1 is using 24/48
1 is using 16/48
1 is using both 16/44.1 and 24/96

Mike Rivers wrote: >Will you publish the result of this poll?

Only in the "New England Journal of Medicine"

Kidding!

Thanks to all the participants,... I can now sleep at night.

Old January 7th 20, 05:20 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Here in Oregon[_2_]

Default Recording Bit and Sample Rates

On Friday, September 16, 2005 at 12:49:00 PM UTC-7, Here in Oregon wrote:
> Here in Oregon wrote:
> > Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
> > recording with?
> >
> > I'm just real curious what MOST people in this newsgroup are using with
> > all of these converters coming out coupled with the power of the new
> > computers and speed of the new hard drives.
> >
> > 24/44, 24/48, 24/96 16/22

> Thanks for your input JP, Dave, Agent 86, Geoff, Mark, Scott, Paul,
> Mike, Arny, Eric, Chris, RD, Fletch, Carey, David, Bob, Jonny, Danny,
> Timo, and Les.
>
> The consensus out of roughly twenty respondents....
>
> 11 are using 24/44.1
> 3 are using 16/44.1
> 3 are using 24/96
> 1 is using 24/48
> 1 is using 16/48
> 1 is using both 16/44.1 and 24/96
>

> Mike Rivers wrote: >Will you publish the result of this poll?
>

> Only in the "New England Journal of Medicine"
>

> Kidding!
>
> Thanks to all the participants,... I can now sleep at night.

Hey guys, it has been 15 years since I took the last poll and I wanted to ask if you would chime in on what bit depth and sampling rate you are primarily using now e.g., 16/44, 24/44, 24/48, 24/96, 24/192, tape?

I would really appreciate your participation in this poll and as before I will post the results.

Old January 7th 20, 07:04 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/01/2020 6:20 pm, Here in Oregon wrote:
> On Friday, September 16, 2005 at 12:49:00 PM UTC-7, Here in Oregon wrote:
>> Here in Oregon wrote:
>>> Would anybody be brave enough to reveal what sample rate you are
>>> recording with?
>>>
>>> I'm just real curious what MOST people in this newsgroup are using with
>>> all of these converters coming out coupled with the power of the new
>>> computers and speed of the new hard drives.
>>>
>>> 24/44, 24/48, 24/96 16/22

>> Thanks for your input JP, Dave, Agent 86, Geoff, Mark, Scott, Paul,
>> Mike, Arny, Eric, Chris, RD, Fletch, Carey, David, Bob, Jonny, Danny,
>> Timo, and Les.
>>
>> The consensus out of roughly twenty respondents....
>>
>> 11 are using 24/44.1
>> 3 are using 16/44.1
>> 3 are using 24/96
>> 1 is using 24/48
>> 1 is using 16/48
>> 1 is using both 16/44.1 and 24/96
>>

>> Mike Rivers wrote: >Will you publish the result of this poll?
>>

>> Only in the "New England Journal of Medicine"
>>

>> Kidding!
>>
>> Thanks to all the participants,... I can now sleep at night.

> Hey guys, it has been 15 years since I took the last poll and I wanted to ask if you would chime in on what bit depth and sampling rate you are primarily using now e.g., 16/44, 24/44, 24/48, 24/96, 24/192, tape?
>
> I would really appreciate your participation in this poll and as before I will post the results.

44k1/24 if for 'routine' audio end-product.

48k/24 for video.

Or higher sample rate if specially requested.