Can you ID these headphones?

Old December 21st 19, 04:45 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Can you ID these headphones?

As far as her cans, they look like a hardwired version of these:

https://www.amazon.com/WH-1000XM3-Wi...a-631446624901

Old December 21st 19, 07:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 2:43:23 AM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:43:16 -0800 (PST), muzician21 wrote:
>
> >On Friday, December 20, 2019 at 3:47:43 AM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:
> >
> >> I'm more concerned by the string of fairy lights made from 12-bore
> >> cartridge cases. What on earth is that all about? A statement?

> >That's Dana Loesch (pron. like Lash) - conservative commentator and adamant pro 2nd Amendment advocate. One of her books is titled "Hands Off My Gun", an excellent read. The wall of her Youtube studio is adorned with various firearms.
> >
> >She's pretty well known in the US - are you from across the pond?
> >

> I've looked at her position, and she appears not to be a second
> amendment advocate. She only advocates the second half of the second
> amendment. No respect for someone who thinks the constitution is some
> sort of a-la-carte menu.

She supports the entire amendment as intended by those who wrote it. You're making a common error of interpretation. There are issues of context, history and meaning that won't be obvious to 21st century eyes - and through a particular misguided bias. It doesn't say "people may possess arms only as members of a government militia" which is how many want to interpret it. Any argument you might against this has been made and is wrong and been officially declared as such by the SCOTUS.
Old December 21st 19, 08:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce[_3_]

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 11:27:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:

>On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 2:43:23 AM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:

>> >That's Dana Loesch (pron. like Lash) - conservative commentator and adamant pro 2nd Amendment advocate. One of her books is titled "Hands Off My Gun", an excellent read. The wall of her Youtube studio is adorned with various firearms.
>> >
>> >She's pretty well known in the US - are you from across the pond?
>> >

>> I've looked at her position, and she appears not to be a second
>> amendment advocate. She only advocates the second half of the second
>> amendment. No respect for someone who thinks the constitution is some
>> sort of a-la-carte menu.

>She supports the entire amendment as intended by those who wrote it. You're making a common error of interpretation. There are issues of context, history and meaning that won't be obvious to 21st century eyes - and through a particular misguided bias. It doesn't say "people may possess arms only as members of a government militia" which is how many want to interpret it. Any argument you might against this has been made and is wrong and been officially declared as such by the SCOTUS.

That ruling was made under pressure from the gun lobby, and is not an
interpretation of the first part, it is flat out ignoring it. So less
of the bull**** please.

Old December 21st 19, 09:06 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 10:28:52 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> wrote:
>
> >That's Dana Loesch (pron. like Lash) - conservative commentator and adamant pro 2nd
> >Amendment advocate. One of her books is titled "Hands Off My Gun", an excellent read.
> >The wall of her Youtube studio is adorned with various firearms.

> >She's pretty well known in the US - are you from across the pond?

> ______________
>
> Strange - most of the African Americans I know at least vote Democratic. The only issue
> they are even more conservative than whites on is LGBTQ.
>
> Then there's the 5% of blacks - like Loesch - whom I simply don't get. Some even deny
> there is a race problem in the U.S., and go "I don't play the race card". smh!

?

Dana isn't black. She believes she has a bit of Indian but otherwise she's a white girl.
Old December 21st 19, 09:09 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 9:09:52 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 12/21/2019 8:37 AM, Dieter Michel wrote:
> > So maybe the phones are used here just because the
> > talent likes the sound or for some reason needs the
> > extra sound cancelling an active-noise-cancelling headphone
> > would provide?

> Or maybe they're just a prop for the photo. It could be the lighting,
> but the microphone looks a bit prop-like, too. Most studio quality mics
> aren't that shiny.
>
> I've never heard of Dana Loesch either, but I'm not a follower of social
> media politics. I'm curious as to why you're (muzician21) you're curious
> about the headphones? You think you'd like what she likes? Or you just
> don't recognize them and figure that a somewhat-celebrity would use some
> really great headphones?
>
> --
> For a good time, call http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

They came across my field of consciousness so thought I'd inquire about them.
Old December 22nd 19, 12:37 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 3:03:09 PM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 11:27:12 -0800 (PST), muzician21 wrote:

> >> I've looked at her position, and she appears not to be a second
> >> amendment advocate. She only advocates the second half of the second
> >> amendment. No respect for someone who thinks the constitution is some
> >> sort of a-la-carte menu.

> >She supports the entire amendment as intended by those who wrote it. You're making a common error of interpretation. There are issues of context, history and meaning that won't be obvious to 21st century eyes - and through a particular misguided bias. It doesn't say "people may possess arms only as members of a government militia" which is how many want to interpret it. Any argument you might against this has been made and is wrong and been officially declared as such by the SCOTUS.

> That ruling was made under pressure from the gun lobby, and is not an
> interpretation of the first part, it is flat out ignoring it. So less
> of the bull**** please.

I applaud your knowledge regarding audio, I sense you've spent more time in this thread than you've spent examining the facts when it comes to the 2A. You simply don't know what you're talking about. Were you to debate Dana on the subject on stage she'd cut you to ribbons.
Old December 22nd 19, 03:14 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
James[_7_]

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 9:09:52 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:

> Or maybe they're just a prop for the photo. It could be the lighting,
> but the microphone looks a bit prop-like, too. Most studio quality mics
> aren't that shiny.

It's a screenshot from a YouTube video - that's the gear she uses.

Old December 23rd 19, 02:05 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

In article >,
> wrote:
>If you're familiar with them any opinions on them? Fantastic? Adequate? Appropriate for self-monitoring while doing vocals?
>
>Thanks
>

>https://i.ibb.co/6YcWnvw/Dana-Headphones.jpg

Looks like an MDR-Z7 in a funny color scheme.

The microphone is an RE-320 that somebody has chromed.

MDR-Z7 is more or less like the MDR-V6.. peaky top end, boomy bass, great
for editing work. Kind of fatiguing for monitoring, but some people like it.

Old December 23rd 19, 02:10 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce > wrote:
>On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 11:27:12 -0800 (PST), wrote:
>>
>>She supports the entire amendment as intended by those who wrote it. You're making a common error of interpretation. There are issues of context, history and meaning that won't be obvious to 21st century eyes - and through a particular misguided bias. It doesn't say "people may possess arms only as members of a government militia" which is how many want to interpret it. Any argument you might against this has been made and is wrong and been officially declared as such by the SCOTUS.

>That ruling was made under pressure from the gun lobby, and is not an
>interpretation of the first part, it is flat out ignoring it. So less
>of the bull**** please.

The initial intention of the second amendment was to preserve the ability
to have a revolution; that is, it exists to protect the right to form an
independent militia. As such, it really shouldn't apply at all to handguns,
which are of little military use, and it should instead protect your right
to own tanks, bomber aircraft, and nuclear weapons, which are the current
state of the art military hardware in much the way that guns were in 1789.

The thing is, modern military hardware can make asymmetric warfare very very
effective, and there are some good arguments why one might not want to allow
private ownership of nuclear weapons, for instance.

So we are kind of stuck in a difficult place that was never really forseen
by the founding fathers, and which people on both sides of the aisle today
persist in ignoring.
Old December 23rd 19, 02:27 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>The initial intention of the second amendment was to preserve the ability
>to have a revolution; that is, it exists to protect the right to form an
>independent militia. As such, it really shouldn't apply at all to handguns,
>which are of little military use, and it should instead protect your right
>to own tanks, bomber aircraft, and nuclear weapons, which are the current
>state of the art military hardware in much the way that guns were in 1789.

>The thing is, modern military hardware can make asymmetric warfare very very
>effective, and there are some good arguments why one might not want to allow
>private ownership of nuclear weapons, for instance.

>So we are kind of stuck in a difficult place that was never really forseen
>by the founding fathers, and which people on both sides of the aisle today
>persist in ignoring.

Which in essence is why the thing is sorely in need of a rewrite - or outright repeal! lol

Headphones? Ger High End Audio 4 June 11th 08 12:10 AM
does anyone like the AKG K-400 headphones? andrejs eigus Pro Audio 3 September 28th 07 12:54 AM
USB Headphones hack - Soldering a 3.5mm plug instead of the headphones [email protected] Tech 10 September 17th 07 11:39 PM
[eBay] FS: Headphones AKAI ASE 22, nice headphones vintage ... very low starting price ... 2 Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meadow_61 Marketplace 0 November 11th 06 09:00 PM
Seeking Recommendations for Open Headphones and Closed Headphones Mike Audio Opinions 1 September 1st 06 01:51 AM