Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 11th 20, 07:02 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Event 20/20 bas Filter Cap Question

I have an original set of Event 20/20 bas self-powered monitors which started making a hum on one side. I removed the amplifier assembly and noticed one of the filter capacitors is bulging a bit. I replaced the filter caps on a set of self-powered Tannoy's several years ago with excellent advice from this group so I thought I'd ask again.

The original caps are Rubicon C E 63V 10000 uF (M), unsure what the 'M' is for. Perhaps if someone could steer me towards a particular brand/type which would be suitable. I wasn't successful using the DigiKey filters to locate a suitable replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary V