Posted to rec.audio.car
mc mc is offline

Default Ford Taurus 1996 upgrade path

Car: Ford Taurus, 1996, with high-end audio system including CD changer in
trunk and JBL speakers in doors.

Controls of radio and CD are integrated with controls of air conditioner in
a single panel.

CD changer has been inoperative for years... some kind of mechanical jam.

What is my upgrade path, if any? Most needed is an input for an MP3 player.

Posted to rec.audio.car
mc mc is offline

To get an idea of what you are looking at go he

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-subQw6XubPx/

Select Car Audio & Video and Outfit my car from the drop-down list and
fill in the blanks.

When you buy from them you get complete instructions and several tools
free. They also sell a "OEM Integration Kit for 1996-99 Ford Taurus /
Mercury Sable with Rotary Climate Controls" if that's what your car is
like.

Thanks. I saw that. Unfortunately, this Ford Taurus has fully digital
climate controls integrated with the radio. I suspect there is nothing that
can be done except repair it back to the way it originally was.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Zeppo Zeppo is offline

"mc" wrote in message
.. .
To get an idea of what you are looking at go he

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-subQw6XubPx/

Select Car Audio & Video and Outfit my car from the drop-down list and
fill in the blanks.

When you buy from them you get complete instructions and several tools
free. They also sell a "OEM Integration Kit for 1996-99 Ford Taurus /
Mercury Sable with Rotary Climate Controls" if that's what your car is
like.

Thanks. I saw that. Unfortunately, this Ford Taurus has fully digital
climate controls integrated with the radio. I suspect there is nothing
that can be done except repair it back to the way it originally was.

Sorry for the late response, but when I upgraded the head unit in my
daughter's 96 Taurus a few years ago Crutchfield had integration kits for
the rotary climate control (which we needed) and the digital climate
control.

I would give them a call and talk to a rep to see what they can do for you.
1-888-955-6000

Jon