jiipee

Default Alpine 8440 alarm remote

I recently bought a car with Alpine alarm installed. Which model it is
I don't know. It came with two remotes but only one was working. I
opened te broken one, washed it , do some soldering and it started to
lit the small red led on it. But it still doesn't arm/disarm. If I put
the chip inside the remote to that working one it will work. Is there
still something wrong with that remote or is there something other
than that removable chip that tells to the alarm which remote to work
with?

Jyrki,
Finland
Paul Vina

The chip just programs the alarm frequency. You won't be able to get a new
8440 either since Alpine hasn't used it in years and their supplier, Pacific
Coast Parts, doesn't usually have them in stock. You can check
www.pacparts.com to see if you get lucky. If they do have it, expect it to
be $40-$50

Paul Vina

"jiipee" wrote in message
m...
I recently bought a car with Alpine alarm installed. Which model it is
I don't know. It came with two remotes but only one was working. I
opened te broken one, washed it , do some soldering and it started to
lit the small red led on it. But it still doesn't arm/disarm. If I put
the chip inside the remote to that working one it will work. Is there
still something wrong with that remote or is there something other
than that removable chip that tells to the alarm which remote to work
with?

Jyrki,
Finland

J.Pitko

I was only wondering that if I find used remote somethere, will it work with
just putting the chip from the old one into it.

Jyrki

"Paul Vina" kirjoitti viestissä
. net...
The chip just programs the alarm frequency. You won't be able to get a

new
8440 either since Alpine hasn't used it in years and their supplier,

Pacific
Coast Parts, doesn't usually have them in stock. You can check
www.pacparts.com to see if you get lucky. If they do have it, expect it to
be $40-$50

Paul Vina

m...