Default little help with picking out an amp..

Hello. I have a 1999 ford ranger.. i have 1 power acoustik FUBR-10
subwoofer and i would like to put it in my truck.. its 1800watts max
600watts rms. i was wondering what kind of amp would be the best to get
the most out of this sub. my price range is about 200. i could go a
little higher is 100% needed but i would prefer not too. Thanks.

sub: http://www.poweracoustik.com/fubr.html

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello. I have a 1999 ford ranger.. i have 1 power acoustik FUBR-10
subwoofer and i would like to put it in my truck.. its 1800watts max
600watts rms. i was wondering what kind of amp would be the best to get
the most out of this sub. my price range is about 200. i could go a
little higher is 100% needed but i would prefer not too. Thanks.

If you don't mind used, Ebay is the way to go here. With new, I'm afraid
you just can't get buy much muscle with $200.

A nice 500-750 watt class D amp would do the trick. I think you can find
those used on Ebay within your price range.

MOSFET

bugsfix

only 500-700? is that rms? know of any good brands/models i should look
for..

MOSFET

"bugsfix" wrote in message
oups.com...
only 500-700? is that rms? know of any good brands/models i should look
for..

Yes, 500-750 watts RMS. Trust me, that's a lot!!!
As far as brands, there are a million and everyone has their favorites.
Just make sure it is not some "mystery brand" that no one has ever heard of.

MOSFET

Im sure that sub can only prob. handle 500 RMS at the most. Many of
specs listed are overblown. A true 700 watt RMS amp is a whole HELL of
a lot of power.

bugsfix

any recommend brands? not sure whats good and whats not...

Alpine, Hifonics, MTX, Rockford Fosgate, etc.

bugsfix

Hello again

I was told this will work...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/MTX-M...oductDetail.do
Will it?

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX801D

Its more power and cheaper. Circuit city is expensive.

bugsfix

oh nice thanks...think i will get this instead... was also wondering
how do i check to see if i need a new deck or not? i took some pics of
my current deck.. would you like me to send them toyou?

bugsfix

also had a question.. this says it can do 800 watts 1 x 2ohm's but can
it handle the max power 1800 watts of the sub? or does that not matter.

bugsfix

well i dont see any problem buying online if its new and the same one
or better then in the store

Daniel Snooks

bugsfix wrote:
also had a question.. this says it can do 800 watts 1 x 2ohm's but can
it handle the max power 1800 watts of the sub? or does that not
matter.

Try to pay closer attention to the responses you are getting ... max power
ratings are meaningless, they are just a lame sales tactic. Also ... subs do
not "have" power, they can only use it. You can run a sub rated to handle
1000W with a 50W amplifier. The only true concern is making sure you don't
put a lower impedance load on the amp then it is designed to handle (if the
amp says it can do 800 x 1 @ 2ohm, don't try to run it at 1ohm)

--
Dan Snooks

Yeah, you will be ok. MAX power means nothing. Just a gimic. Get that
amp you will be fine.

Whats the model of your current head unit?

bugsfix

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/produ...UseBVCookie=No

Thats what deck i have..

bugsfix

Need some help.. i went and bought a Q-Logic QLT-.6510SBE 10 Inch Sub
Truck Box and it came with a neg/pos wire but my sub has 2 neg/pos
outputs.. how do i wire this thing up.. thanks

Cyrus

In article .com,
"bugsfix" wrote:

Need some help.. i went and bought a Q-Logic QLT-.6510SBE 10 Inch Sub
Truck Box and it came with a neg/pos wire but my sub has 2 neg/pos
outputs.. how do i wire this thing up.. thanks

Depends.

What impedance are the coils of your sub? What impedance are you trying
to present to your amplifier?

Or even better, give us the published specs of both your amplifier and
sub. Someone will be able to help, except the mmdir thing of course.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

bugsfix

ok published specs are the following...
Amp
* Amplifier Type: Mono
* RMS Power: 400W x 1 @ 4 ohms
* THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 2%
* RMS Power: 800W x 1 @ 2 ohms
* Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
* Preamp Outputs: Yes
* Built-In Crossovers: LP
* Bass Boost: 0-18 dB
* Frequency Response: 20-200 Hz
* Signal to Noise Ratio: 100 dB
* Fuse Rating: 3 x 25 amps

And Sub
* 1800 watts power handling
* 600 Watts RMS
* 160 oz. magnet
* 2" ASV voice coil
* SPL 90 dB
* Fs: 40.1 Hz
* Vas: 0.81 cu.ft.
* Qms: 3.47
* Qes: 0.60
* Qts: 0.5124
* Xmax: 0.6"
* Sealed box: .5 cu. Ft.
* Ported box: 1.15 cu.. Ft.
* Tuning: 39 Hz
* Port Size: 3"(dia)x8.6"(length)
* # of ports:1

joe.ker

Do you mean you have a dual voice coil (DVC) sub? what kind of amp are you
running to it? is it just the one speaker or do you have 2 your putting in.
Need more input: # 5 alive!

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"bugsfix" wrote in message
oups.com...
Need some help.. i went and bought a Q-Logic QLT-.6510SBE 10 Inch Sub
Truck Box and it came with a neg/pos wire but my sub has 2 neg/pos
outputs.. how do i wire this thing up.. thanks

joe.ker

you can wire to 2 positives and the 2 negatives together to the sub

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"bugsfix" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

bugsfix

posted the sub and amp specs above.. im just hookinh up 1 amp and 1
sub. yes i have a DVC sub. the amp is MTX Audio Thunder801D

bugsfix

got a diagram.. dont know exactly what you mean.. but i also have to
wire it up in the box first and im not sure how to do that.

Cyrus

In article .com,
"bugsfix" wrote:

[...]

hmm The sub specs don't list impedance(s). That will determine how you
can wire it to your box/amplifier.

FYI In the future it may be helpful to quote posts as its easier to
follow.

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

bugsfix

according to best buy website..

Impedance Dual 4 ohms

joe.ker

try this and see if it works. it's crude though
http://mysite.verizon.net/harnesses_etc/ebay/sub.jpg

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"bugsfix" wrote in message
oups.com...
got a diagram.. dont know exactly what you mean.. but i also have to
wire it up in the box first and im not sure how to do that.

bugsfix

Thanks.. what kind of wire should i use?

joe.ker

The bigger the better. but 10-12 gauge should be fine.

--
The Clown Prince of Car Stereo

"bugsfix" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks.. what kind of wire should i use?

Cyrus

In article .com,
"bugsfix" wrote:

according to best buy website..

Impedance Dual 4 ohms

In that case, to give you a final 2ohm load you would parallel the 2
coils.

This may help:
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Tech...CoilWiring.pdf

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

bugsfix

thanks Cyrus looks like its the same as the pic joe.ker gave me.

bugsfix

where do i find ends like this.. these ends were on the wire that came
with the box and they connect to the metal prongs in the box.. so if im
going to buy new wire i guess i should get some of these ends..
Thanks..

http://www.geocities.com/bugsfixpaypal/pics/ends.JPG

Cyrus

In article . com,
"bugsfix" wrote:

where do i find ends like this.. these ends were on the wire that came
with the box and they connect to the metal prongs in the box.. so if im
going to buy new wire i guess i should get some of these ends..
Thanks..

http://www.geocities.com/bugsfixpaypal/pics/ends.JPG

Site temporarily down.

Without looking at any of it. When I've dealt with plastic enclosure
terminals before, loosening the nuts on the bolts that thread through
the plastic and using crimp-on ring terminals to new wire has worked.

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

bugsfix

also got these
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1051826174162
does anyone thing i will need a capacitor for the amp for the sub...
Thanks.. later

bugsfix

well.. i got the amp http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX801D and the sub
http://www.poweracoustik.com/fubr.html fubr-10... well the amp blew the
sub so does anyone know of a 10"(so i dont have to get another box)
that can easily handle the power of this amp. im talking like
800-1000RMS watts min.. i really really dont wanna blow another sub..
Thanks