Vivek Kapoor

Default Need help with the head unit

I need to upgrade my existing system (Head unit + Amplifier 222W 2 channel +
Blaulunkt speakers). Now I need to buy a CD Head unit. Since I am already
having an amp. I would like to go for a CD unit which can play MP3, CD-R,
and has only 2 channel RCA out.

Are there any head units available which do not come with internal amp, only
pre-amp outs? Since internal amp is not needed, may be cost is reduced. Guys
help with recommendations.

thanks & regards, Vivek

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:57:11 +0530, "Vivek Kapoor"
wrote:

I need to upgrade my existing system (Head unit + Amplifier 222W 2 channel +
Blaulunkt speakers). Now I need to buy a CD Head unit. Since I am already
having an amp. I would like to go for a CD unit which can play MP3, CD-R,
and has only 2 channel RCA out.

Are there any head units available which do not come with internal amp, only
pre-amp outs? Since internal amp is not needed, may be cost is reduced. Guys
help with recommendations.

thanks & regards, Vivek

While there *may* still be CD tuners out there, they're going to be
designed for a very small high-end market, so I can promise you they
won't be any cheaper than a CD receiver. If anything, they'll
probably cost more.

I suggest that you make your decision based on your other factors
(MP3, CD-R, etcetera), and just don't use the receiver's built-in
amplifier.

Scott Gardner

Auto

Vivek Kapoor wrote:
Guys
help with recommendations.

thanks & regards, Vivek

Crutchfield has the CDA-9833 on sale for $299.00 regularly $449.99.

plays MP3 and WMA files
plays audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs

Check it out.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-v2PtkeB...rch=cda%2D9833

THere are a few without internal amps. Also, Many Alpine units let you
turn off the internal amps and just use preouts. I wouldn't wory about
whether it has internal amps or not. Just pick one that has the
features you want- ass others mentioned.

MOSFET

wrote in message
oups.com...
THere are a few without internal amps. Also, Many Alpine units let you
turn off the internal amps and just use preouts. I wouldn't wory about
whether it has internal amps or not. Just pick one that has the
features you want- ass others mentioned.

I agree with what Ephedra and Scott Gardner said. HU's without internal
amps are almost always designed for high-end customers and are never
inexpensive. This may not seem logical (HU's without amps costing MORE
money), but this is the case.

I have used Alpine decks with and without internal amplifiers (the 7939 has
no internal amp while the 7863 does). I find no sound quality difference
between the two. I think this will generally be the case. As Ephedra said,
I would not let whether a HU has an internal amp or not be a major buying
criterea.

MOSFET

Barry & Nikki

I have an Alpine 3DE-7985 that is an in dash 3-disc changer that does not
have an internal amp. But who knows if it plays MP3's. I know it plays CDR's
that I have burned and the songs were in MP3 format prior to burning. I'm
not up on to what a burner actually does so who knows it may change
something with format prior to writing. All I know and care about is that it
plays just fine when I get from my computer to any of my vehicles.

+

Vivek Kapoor wrote:
I need to upgrade my existing system (Head unit + Amplifier 222W 2

channel +
Blaulunkt speakers). Now I need to buy a CD Head unit. Since I am

already
having an amp. I would like to go for a CD unit which can play MP3,

CD-R,
and has only 2 channel RCA out.

Are there any head units available which do not come with internal

amp, only
pre-amp outs? Since internal amp is not needed, may be cost is

reduced. Guys
help with recommendations.

thanks & regards, Vivek

Never heard of CD unit without internal amp or what you saying is power
output.
But there are many CD unit with "Line-Out" which is same as Pre-amp
outs.

There are many hu's without internal amps.

Best $100-200 DVD MP3 head unit? So many to pick from, please help(dont need video) Seraphim Car Audio 0 January 19th 05 04:30 PM
Question on wiring for AU Falcon Head Unit itsjethro Car Audio 1 January 5th 05 05:35 AM
JVC Head Unit Help Jcasey22 Car Audio 0 January 3rd 05 08:04 PM
Head unit removable? SHRED© Car Audio 2 February 24th 04 04:51 PM
Tons of stuff to sell - amps, head unit, processors, etc. Ge0 Car Audio 3 August 5th 03 04:24 AM