Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Greg Forschler Greg Forschler is offline

Default Amp picking up radio

I just bought a new little Laney amp for home, it buzzes less than my
last small amp, but seems to pick up radio signals much more, even
when there is no cable plugged in (and when there is a cable I use
Mogami cables that really do help alot). I've switched outlets, moved
it around, nothing really helps. There is no ground switch either. I
do notice that when I touch the amp, and especially hold the power
cord, it eliminates most of it. So I'm wondering, is there something I
can get, besides a human body, to touch or 'hold' the cord, something
to wrap around it or something that will do the same thing as when a
human hand touches it?