Daniel

Default "Markertek" product info .. anyone tried this ?

Kindly take a look at the following Markertek link:

http://tinyurl.com/4vqkz

Has anyone any "real world" experience with this item ? I am looking for
something exactly like this but need to be sure that the "blowing" feature
is strong enough to dislodge surface dust inside my open reel recorder. I
need something that is at least as strong as the compressed air dusters (in
cans) but that I can use continuously and tilt without and probs. I've been
looking for an air blower such as the one on the Markertek site but need to
be sure it puts out sufficient air.

Any help would be appreciated,

Daniel

Laurence Payne

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 00:40:25 GMT, "Daniel" wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/4vqkz

Has anyone any "real world" experience with this item ? I am looking for
something exactly like this but need to be sure that the "blowing" feature
is strong enough to dislodge surface dust inside my open reel recorder. I
need something that is at least as strong as the compressed air dusters (in
cans) but that I can use continuously and tilt without and probs. I've been
looking for an air blower such as the one on the Markertek site but need to
be sure it puts out sufficient air.

This looks like a fairly ordinary small vacuum cleaner. There's no
shortage of such things in the market. Why not take a trip to your
local hardware shop and look at some?

If you're not worried about compact size, you could probably get a
more powerful machine. If you cobble together a small-diameter hose
there should be plenty of blow.

Scott Dorsey

In article ZVvRd.426187$Xk.33728@pd7tw3no, Daniel wrote:
Kindly take a look at the following Markertek link:

http://tinyurl.com/4vqkz

Has anyone any "real world" experience with this item ? I am looking for
something exactly like this but need to be sure that the "blowing" feature
is strong enough to dislodge surface dust inside my open reel recorder. I
need something that is at least as strong as the compressed air dusters (in
cans) but that I can use continuously and tilt without and probs. I've been
looking for an air blower such as the one on the Markertek site but need to
be sure it puts out sufficient air.

Any help would be appreciated,

I think you're not going to be happy with anything short of shop air.
The little vacuums are great for regular preventative maintenance, but
if you have mounts of old dust in there, shop air is about the only
thing that will do the job short of washing the thing out with soap
and water (something we do to a lot of old transports).

FS: AMPS $25 SPEAKERS $19 PAIR - FREE SHIPPING NEXXON Audio Opinions 0 August 21st 04 04:27 AM
need info on older ORION product ... Daniel Snooks Car Audio 2 May 11th 04 03:13 PM
Is all audio literature shallow? Where is the IN-DEPTH info? Ignace Dhont Pro Audio 24 March 7th 04 02:17 PM
markertek Dave Brown Pro Audio 1 March 3rd 04 06:59 AM
Yet another DBT post Andrew Korsh High End Audio 205 February 29th 04 06:36 PM