Steve

Default JBL or Polk

In my hunt for a new sound system I've managed to narrow it down to 2
choices (Both at the same price $1300 CDN). I was hoping someone my offer
some input as I have no experience in sound shopping.
My primary listening is Blues, Jazz, Rock, Classical and Acoustical. And
also Home Theater surround sound. I live in an apartment so wall shaking
bass isn't important. What is important is quality.
Can anyone offer any suggestions.

"System A"
Receiver: Kenwood VR-8050
Center: Polk Audio CS1
Fronts: Polk Audio Monitor 50
Rears: Polk Audio Monitor 30
Sub: Polk Audio PSW 10
***********************
"System B"
Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5740s
Center: JBL EC25
Fronts: JBL E60
Rears: JBL E20
Sub: JBL PB8

All are decent brands. Assuming the prices were comparable and that I
could listen to both systems in decent listening rooms:

I'd listen to both systems with a set of CDs I like and know well, then
I'd buy what sounds and looks good to me and is easy for me to use.

If you want more opinions, try searching the web and newsgroups via
www.Google.com or other search tools.

The following are a few web sites that post consumer opinions of
products:

www.amazon.com

www.circuitcity.com

www.epinions.com

....and there are others.

The following does comparison reviews of receivers and speakers, but
you may need an online membership to see everything:

www.consumerreports.org

But ultimately, it should be your choice.

JBL or Polk Audio Steve High End Audio 0 March 6th 05 05:19 PM
FS: Polk Monitor 5 Speaker System, MINTY! Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 April 21st 04 03:49 AM
FS: Polk Monitor 5 Speaker System, MINTY! Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 April 21st 04 03:49 AM
Polk Monitor 5 Speaker System - sounds so good! Ken Drescher Marketplace 2 April 2nd 04 07:07 AM
POLK Monitor 5 Speakers, minty! Ken Drescher Marketplace 3 March 25th 04 08:22 AM