Don Cooper

agent86 wrote:

If GW was a studio manager, he would have turned Electric Ladyland into a
spare bedroom with a C1000, an ART, an original Behringer mixer, and a 486
running Cakewalk 7. And anybody with any knowledge of audio at all would
agree that he was completely incompetent.

Now that's signature material.

Properly credited, of course.
Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

This is stupid.."peace" is not achieved one person at a time. It is a function
of instituions
that have vested interests.

I guess you guys don't sing that song in your church.

agent86

Blind Joni wrote:

Nor has the idea of
America being a nation that is respected by the rest of the world.

Is this called for in the constitution?

Quality sound isn't called for in the constitution either, but it sure is
nice to have. Especially since we ALREADY had it. Especially if we
already EARNED it through over two & a quarter centuries of hard work &
dedication by the leaders & people. That the worldwide respect the US had
could be SQUANDERED in less than four years is nothing short of SHAMEFUL.

Not to mention inheriting a budget surplus & turning it into the biggest
deficit ever.

If GW was a studio manager, he would have turned Electric Ladyland into a
spare bedroom with a C1000, an ART, an original Behringer mixer, and a 486
running Cakewalk 7. And anybody with any knowledge of audio at all whould
agree that he was completely incompetent.

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

"George" wrote in message
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

so you support the war, beacuse it is a worse option?
you make less and less sense with every post

We tried the other options, they didn't work.

when was peace tried?
afaik the world has never had peace

Peace was never an option.

either there is or there isn't
we call IS war so by default there must also be ISN'T, which is Peace

George

"Romeo Rondeau" wrote:

We tried the other options, they didn't work.

They didn't work? What is it they didn't do that *HAD* to be done?

Saddam didn't hold up to his agreement. Do I really need to say it?

How selective your memory is, Yes Sadamm tried to protect his position,
when war hoved into prominence he rolled over and offered us anything we
wanted
yet we refused his peace offer and attacked anyway

George

Don Cooper wrote:

Blind Joni wrote:

This is stupid.."peace" is not achieved one person at a time. It is a
function
of instituions
that have vested interests.

I guess you guys don't sing that song in your church.

Peace DOES hapen one person at a time, why not stop defending war and
working twards peace
perhaps once you are peaceful you can influence another to try peace
George

Blind Joni

Peace DOES hapen one person at a time, why not stop defending war and
working twards peace
perhaps once you are peaceful you can influence another to try peace
George

go ahead ..give me an example.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

either there is or there isn't
we call IS war so by default there must also be ISN'T, which is Peace

You have to define something.in order for any of this to make sense.
Define PEACE..as an achieveable end..in the real world...and please don't
overestimate your individual power as someone who "promotes" it.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

agent86

Don Cooper wrote:

agent86 wrote:

If GW was a studio manager, he would have turned Electric Ladyland into a
spare bedroom with a C1000, an ART, an original Behringer mixer, and a
486
running Cakewalk 7. And anybody with any knowledge of audio at all would
agree that he was completely incompetent.

Now that's signature material.

Properly credited, of course.

Feel free, with my blessing.

Ricky W. Hunt

"agent86" wrote in message

Not from the minute the Supreme Court installed GW as president.
Prosperity hasn't been an option since then either. Nor has the idea of
America being a nation that is respected by the rest of the world.

So all these things existed in non-wavering form before GW? I must have
missed it.

agent86

Ricky W. Hunt wrote:

"agent86" wrote in message

Not from the minute the Supreme Court installed GW as president.
Prosperity hasn't been an option since then either. Nor has the idea of
America being a nation that is respected by the rest of the world.

So all these things existed in non-wavering form before GW? I must have
missed it.

No, but they did at least exist in wavering form. Now it's their
non-existence that is unwavering.

Chris Hornbeck

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:17:24 -0700, playon wrote:

I've noticed than conservatives seem more comfortable with a world
view of cynicsm, paranoia and negativity than one of hope, faith and
possibility.

Then they're not conservatives; they're authoritarians. The
distinction is lost in modern American politics.

Chris Hornbeck
" ** this NG is chock full of metal midgets"

playon

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:24:06 GMT, Chris Hornbeck
wrote:

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:17:24 -0700, playon wrote:

I've noticed than conservatives seem more comfortable with a world
view of cynicsm, paranoia and negativity than one of hope, faith and
possibility.

Then they're not conservatives; they're authoritarians. The
distinction is lost in modern American politics.

Yes that distinction has been lost on me...

Chris Hornbeck

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:11:28 -0700, playon wrote:

Then they're not conservatives; they're authoritarians. The
distinction is lost in modern American politics.

Yes that distinction has been lost on me...

How about this: the gut-level distinction in modern American
politics is not about *anything* in particular that anybody
talks about, but rather, is about how much we each want our
Daddy to come back and fix things?

Some want it more; some less.

Chris Hornbeck
" ** this NG is chock full of metal midgets"

Romeo Rondeau

I've noticed than conservatives seem more comfortable with a world
view of cynicsm, paranoia and negativity than one of hope, faith and
possibility.

You could replace the word "conservatives" with "liberals" in the above
sentence and it would still ring true.

Blind Joni

I really don't think BJ believes what he write, he just like to badger
me, that is why he is killfiled

You are so arrogant..it almost makes me laugh. That's right, I just say things
because it's so important to me to bug you...why don't you ask me what I tnink
instead of making proclamations over and over while ignoring direct questions.
You want to comment on a discussion but only want to see certain poster
views...did that work good in Math class?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

Not from the minute the Supreme Court installed GW as president.
Prosperity hasn't been an option since then either. Nor has the idea of
America being a nation that is respected by the rest of the world.

So all these things existed in non-wavering form before GW? I must have
missed it.

Been paying attention for the last 25 years?
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

The vast majority of the people in the world only want to live in
peace, that's a given and should be common sense -- who prefers war?
Their leaders, that's another story.

Another good example of unclear meaning. If it were "common sense" it would be
common. If it isn't common it isn't "common sense."
It might be YOUR sense..that doesn't make it common. And in the case of killing
people it only takes one "uncommon" variable to muck up the works.
I find it helpful to avoid cliches and "common" wisdom when projecting the
future of the world.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

Quality sound isn't called for in the constitution either, but it sure is
nice to have. Especially since we ALREADY had it. Especially if we
already EARNED it through over two & a quarter centuries of hard work &
dedication by the leaders & people. That the worldwide respect the US had
could be SQUANDERED in less than four years is nothing short of SHAMEFUL.

I'm not really disagreeing here. I would point out that the purpose of our
existence for the past centuries was not to earn acceptance by others..a
byproduct maybe but not a part of the rules.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY