Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default USB Controller Flushing

Has anyone here ever heard of a utility that will allow you to essentially flush
the USB controller on a Windows PC? We've all probably had to move a USB device
from one port to another to cause Windows to recognize the device. It would be
really nice to be able to flush the buffer without having to reboot the computer.

How does Apple deal with USB devices? Is it necessary to go through the same
steps of moving to a different port on occasion, or is this problem unique to
Windows?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

On Mar 12, 5:14*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard of a utility that will allow you to essentially flush
the USB controller on a Windows PC?

this doesn't flush anything but might help you figure out what is
going on...

usbview.exe

http://k0lee.com/dc3000/usbts.htm

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 3/12/2011 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:14 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard of a utility that will allow you to essentially flush
the USB controller on a Windows PC?

this doesn't flush anything but might help you figure out what is
going on...

usbview.exe

http://k0lee.com/dc3000/usbts.htm

This utility must be dated. My Blue Icicle doesn't show up even though it is
installed and working correctly. Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 13:41:13 -0400, in 'rec.audio.pro',
in article USB Controller Flushing,
mcp6453 wrote:

On 3/12/2011 5:29 PM, Mark wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:14 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard of a utility that will allow you to essentially flush
the USB controller on a Windows PC?

this doesn't flush anything but might help you figure out what is
going on...

usbview.exe

http://k0lee.com/dc3000/usbts.htm

This utility must be dated. My Blue Icicle doesn't show up even though it is
installed and working correctly. Thanks.

Go to http://www.humanvalues.net/hdv/files/ and download the file
called "usbview.zip".

It's a ZIP archive containing four different versions (4.10.1709,
4.10.1710, 5.1.2600.1106, and 6.0.6000.16386) of Microsoft's
usbview.exe program. Try all four and see if one of them might work
better on your particular system.

HTH.

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard of a utility that will allow you to essentially flush
the USB controller on a Windows PC? We've all probably had to move a USB device
from one port to another to cause Windows to recognize the device. It would be
really nice to be able to flush the buffer without having to reboot the
computer.

This site may have something of use.

http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbstick_e.html

X-mas wish: MMT-8 controller oobi Pro Audio 3 December 14th 06 12:01 PM
Mackie HUI Controller Peter General 0 January 4th 05 08:53 AM
WTB: RE 8 controller for Radar I Koit Saarmäe Pro Audio 0 August 9th 04 09:57 PM
Bush ratings continue flushing down the drain Sandman Audio Opinions 0 March 10th 04 12:06 AM
cd controller din flagadajones Car Audio 0 September 9th 03 02:26 PM